If It Is A Minority Government In Alberta Whose Going To Be The Third Party.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
If It Is A Minority Government In Alberta Whose Going To Be The Third Party.

According to the polls northern Alberta is voting PC and southern Alberta is voting Wildrose which means a minority government.

if that is the case who do you think the third party will be because they will be making the deals?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
NDP controlling the reigns between two right-wing parties in Alberta would be icing on the cake. It's kind of like the control the NDP have over PCs and Libs in Ontario.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
NDP controlling the reigns between two right-wing parties in Alberta would be icing on the cake. It's kind of like the control the NDP have over PCs and Libs in Ontario.

Why would you assume that the NDP or Libs would be the power brokers? I would think PC and WildRose themselves have more in common and would make a better partnership -- and probably more what Albertans actually want.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Is that the same party that laid it out in stone what they wanted changed in the budget and then had to pick those same stones up upon retreat?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Why would you assume that the NDP or Libs would be the power brokers? I would think PC and WildRose themselves have more in common and would make a better partnership -- and probably more what Albertans actually want.

Well I'm sure the campaign trail is not a definitive assessment of the relationship between these two parties, but it seems unlikely that they will co-operate on much - especially considering their drastically different budgets.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well I'm sure the campaign trail is not a definitive assessment of the relationship between these two parties, but it seems unlikely that they will co-operate on much - especially considering their drastically different budgets.

Well I had to have my morning fun.
From what I see in Edmonton are those that were Libs and possibly NDP are moving to the PC's - More Libs than NDP, just based upon who I know.

The election has come down to far right or red tory. Myself I prefer Red Tory over - WR and I have voted Lib in the last number of prov elections.