Liberals call crucial budget vote for April 24; no deal with NDP yet

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Liberals call crucial budget vote for April 24; no deal with NDP yet

TORONTO - The fate of Ontario's minority Liberal government will be put to the test next week.

The legislature will hold a high-stakes vote on the budget April 24.

It will be a nail biter, as the minority Liberals could be defeated, triggering another election.

They need at least two opposition votes to survive, but have yet to strike a deal with the NDP.

The Progressive Conservatives have already vowed to vote against the budget.

It's one of the last days to call a vote on the budget motion, according to the rules of the legislature.

Government house leader John Milloy says no one wants an election, and Ontario's fragile economy needs certainty and stability.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
While the NDP rollover on the HST being applied to home heating.

Why I will never vote NDP.

When they have the chance to actually stand on principle. They fold. Simply because they know it will mean a Conservative gov't.

HST removal on home heating is an NDP principle?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Helping families reduce costs
■Reinstating the Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) and Affordable Housing Initiative, among other things, to provide more affordable housing for Canadian families.
■Initiatives aimed at promoting energy efficient homes and helping families cover the costs of heating their homes.
■Credit card interest rates of no more than 5% above prime.
■Implementing a variety of procedures to reduce the prices of prescription medication.
■National minimum wage.
■Variety of initiatives to encourage clean energy production and strengthen public transit.

Source New Democratic Party (NDP): Family, Parenting and Women's Issues | PhD in Parenting

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's the policy.

One of the principles Tommy espoused, was always "Standing up for the common man". Now it's "Standing up for the common man, only when it's politically expedient".

Here's where I'm coming from though...

It's time to tell Premier Dalton McGuinty the NDP won't back down on the wage freeze issue, urged Ryan.

"He's acting as if he has a majority government when in fact he does not, and I think that Andrea needs to call his bluff, put it to the test, see if McGuinty is willing to call an election," he said.

"We should call him on it and say we've got some core principles in the NDP and in the labour movement and we're not going to compromise just because Dalton McGuinty is threatening to call another election. If he does, let it be on his head."

Read more: Ontario NDP leader easily survives leadership review | CTV News

Sid Ryan, another reason I hate the NDP.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

McGuinty agrees to NDP tax-the-rich demand as budget vote looms - The Globe and Mail

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
McGuinty agrees to NDP’s

McGuinty caves into Whorrewath that 1PM meeting at Queens Park must have been a tense meeting.

Ms. Whorrewath made the rich become second class citizens I guess more of them will go out to redneck country to really make Ontario a have not province.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
McGuinty caves into Whorrewath that 1PM meeting at Queens Park must have been a tense meeting.

Ms. Whorrewath made the rich become second class citizens I guess more of them will go out to redneck country to really make Ontario a have not province.

No not really. I think Red Neck Country can also be defined as places you and your ilk gather.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
When are the Libtards going to figure it out.. they need to join forces with the NDP!!!

I see a 2 party system for Canada, NDP and Conservatives.. I don't think the Liberals will really every climb back up to where they used to be.

Based upon what. Their showing in PQ in the last election?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
When are the Libtards going to figure it out.. they need to join forces with the NDP!!!

I see a 2 party system for Canada, NDP and Conservatives.. I don't think the Liberals will really every climb back up to where they used to be.
I figure the Conservatives will splinter again. Harper's not 'right' enough for the more rabid sect.

When this Harris clone gets the boot, Ontario Conservatives may become palatable again....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Based upon what. Their showing in PQ in the last election?

Liberal Party fails to grasp direness of their situation, nearly a year after collapse: Andrew Coyne | Full Comment | National Post

They just don't get it..

Liberal Party of Canada has more in common with the Conservative Party of Canada.. there is not much of a difference in their ideology.. they are not true left leaning.

Pro Business, NAFTA supporters.. and if you look at their track record with finances.. Federal level and Ontario, do you really want them in charge of the Government purse.

Most Liberals see this and have bailed the sinking ship for the NDP.

NDP is for the people.. Liberal Party of Canada are for themselves.

[youtube]N_MR7tL7tWs[/youtube]