Northern Gateway pipeline opposed by 50% in B.C

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Opposition to Enbridge's proposed $5.5-billion Northern Gateway pipeline is growing and has topped 50% in British Columbia, according to an independent survey released Thursday.

Opposition to the project was 52% among 1,069 adults in a random telephone survey conducted on April 11 - up from 46% in January and 45% in December, according to the Forum Research Inc. poll.

Support for a law banning oil tanker traffic on the B.C. coast also has risen to 46 % from 40 % in January and December.

"It looks like the federal government has not been that successful in swaying public opinion on Northern Gateway," said Forum Research Inc. president Lorne Bozinoff.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Too bad all these pipelines are going through whether the Green Bolsheviks like it or not.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Um - dutch disease?

Hellooo
Have you been introduced to the inland ports where Canadian manufacturing is going to be since ON isn't a good place to manufacture goods anymore? They are all under contraction and all tied to the Asia Pacific Bill Gatesway. Bail out of ON now while your home is still worth something.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Um - dutch disease?

Hellooo

Is that the new term for eastern citiots that hate to see rural people have good paying jobs?
Have to wonder about the validity of this poll as well since 100% of the people I work with are in favor of the pipeline.
Same goes for the proposed coal mine near Fanny Bay. The idle rich that are opposed to economic activity keep coming up with numbers claiming the majority of residents in the area are against this while every working person on both sides of the island I have asked are in favor.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is that the new term for eastern citiots that hate to see rural people have good paying jobs?
Have to wonder about the validity of this poll as well since 100% of the people I work with are in favor of the pipeline.
Same goes for the proposed coal mine near Fanny Bay. The idle rich that are opposed to economic activity keep coming up with numbers claiming the majority of residents in the area are against this while every working person on both sides of the island I have asked are in favor.
The 1000 people poled probably live in Kitsilano and other trendy idealistic kid filled neighbourhoods.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The 1000 people poled probably live in Kitsilano and other trendy idealistic kid filled neighbourhoods.

Yes, we know democracy only suits you when it complies with your needs. Those are the times you criticize heir leader, but when you agree with him, you throw democracy out the window.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cries for Democracy coming from the mouth of a Bolshevik? That's funny!

Did you read up on the the inland ports where the treatment centers for Dutch disease are being built yet?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That Dutch Disease may be what we call "Dropsy and Heart Fever" in the West! :lol:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Did you read up on the the inland ports where the treatment centers for Dutch disease are being built yet?

So you're using the same failed attempts to win this argument as you do to deny AGW?

Here, have one on me:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Chiner is going to get the oil they prepaid for whether kids in Kitsilano want it or not.

And I suppose you'll also throw aboriginals under the bus for your financial prosperity as well then?

You know.. the ones you defended in the Attawapiskat thread?

You don't give a **** about them either, as long as you get well paid.