Deb Matthews can’t say where missing $25 million in ORNGE cash is

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Health Minister Deb Matthews can’t say what happened to $25 million in missing ORNGE funds but members of the opposition argue she had the authority to monitor the air service more strictly than she did.

A Saturday Star story revealed nearly $25 million raised by ORNGE with taxpayers’ help cannot be accounted for and investigators are digging to see if the cash was used on a spending spree, bad business decisions or if some of it went to executives’ pockets.

The money is part of $275 million ORNGE raised from investors in 2009 to buy new airplanes, helicopters and an office building. Taxpayer money is repaying the investors.

“Madam minister, where is the money? Where is the money?” demanded NDP MPP Taras Natyshak (Essex) in the Legislature on Monday.

The whereabouts of the $25 million is part of the ongoing Ontario Provincial Police investigation, Matthews told reporters after question period.

“And I can’t say much beyond saying that I am assured they do know where the money has gone but we really do need to let the police do their work,” Matthews said.

more

Canada News: Deb Matthews can

LiesOfTheIntell

Time Out
Feb 19, 2012
London, Ontario
Concerning the nepotism at Ornge. Given that Deb Mathews father is law was long time (past) President of the ONtario Conservative Party, and who has a sister who is married to former Liberal Premiere David Peterson - can she really be concerned with nepotism?

Just joking, I just wanted to point out the irony. An maybe you know a littel more why Dalton is sticking with Deb.