Ford Nation choke-slams a trouble-maker

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
That'll teach 'em. Or maybe not, who cares eh. ;-)

TTC general manager could be fired: Report

There are unconfirmed reports TTC General Manager Gary Webster could be relieved from his duties after a special meeting of the Toronto Transit Commission was called for next Tuesday.

TTC Spokesperson Brad Ross told CP24 that Webster remains chief general manager but that a special meeting was called to deal with a "personal matter."

Ross said the matter at hand does not apply to any elected officials.

The meeting was called by a group of city councillors who have allied themselves with Mayor Rob Ford on the issue of public transit.

Last week, Ford suffered a major setback when TTC Chair Karen Stintz backed away from Ford's transit plan for more subways and instead backed a previous, more affordable plan for light-rail transit to the suburbs.

Webster has also disagreed with Ford's subway plan.

CP24- TTC general manager could be fired: Report

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Ford having a temper tantrum because everyone but him sees the fallacy of his subway plan. I guess he has to assert his power somehow though, he's going for Webster because he can't oust Stintz since he doesn't have unanimous backing of council.

The City of Toronto is incompetent in its handling of the TTC, it should be entirely removes from the control of the city.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ford is an idiot with simplistic solutions and no facts to determine the best policy.
This is what happens when people listen to the Ford's of the world and then they
are subjected to embarrassment that poor decisions bring on.
How did he get elected? The very electorate that put him in ther has politically
sobered up. Its like Vancouver they voted for a guy in a wheel chair literally not
thinking it wasn't about being in a wheel chair that counted it was the person sitting
in the wheel chair that was an idiot and they paid a price for that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Yep.

Must be a blast playing Survivor Toronto with these Student Council throwbacks. All of them.

Thank allah they took a pay cut to punch their cards this term eh.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ford having a temper tantrum because everyone but him sees the fallacy of his subway plan. I guess he has to assert his power somehow though, he's going for Webster because he can't oust Stintz since he doesn't have unanimous backing of council.

The City of Toronto is incompetent in its handling of the TTC, it should be entirely removes from the control of the city.

Most major urban transport systems are funded and run by the province. Toronto is the exception in both counts.

Ford's mistake was actually not firing the Miller leftovers when he became mayor. Miller did that when he became mayor as did every mayor before him.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Most major urban transport systems are funded and run by the province. Toronto is the exception in both counts.

Ford's mistake was actually not firing the Miller leftovers when he became mayor. Miller did that when he became mayor as did every mayor before him.
The usual suspects would have slammed Ford for that too.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

The problem is Karen Stintz TTC chair wants to be mayor and she led the charge to change the subways back to the Transit City, which are LRT surface routes.

She should resign from her transit position but she won’t because she feels that she can score more political points on her quest of becoming mayor of Toronto.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Karen Stintz TTC chair Undercover Boss Canada was good but they kept on reminding the viewers that there would be layoffs in the Toronto Transit Commission’s future and cutting bus routes is the proof.

tim705

Feb 19, 2012
The problem is Karen Stintz TTC chair wants to be mayor and she led the charge to change the subways back to the Transit City, which are LRT surface routes.

She should resign from her transit position but she won’t because she feels that she can score more political points on her quest of becoming mayor of Toronto.

Maybe because she actually did some research and found out their no way funding for ford system will come unless the snakes from Ford groups will provide it for him . Afterwards these corrupt folks will benefit from it for life ... I agree with her . I am 100% positive as to what I am going to say now . There is an evil hidden force whom believe they are above the law . Yes, they have all the power and connections but there will be one day when " They " will pay for there evil ways ... Ford is just a clown who believe he can't be stop ...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Maybe because she actually did some research and found out their no way funding for ford system will come unless the snakes from Ford groups will provide it for him . Afterwards these corrupt folks will benefit from it for life ... I agree with her . I am 100% positive as to what I am going to say now . There is an evil hidden force whom believe they are above the law . Yes, they have all the power and connections but there will be one day when " They " will pay for there evil ways ... Ford is just a clown who believe he can't be stop ...
[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Tim705 Toronto Mayor Ford has the better idea The Transit City LRT would only work if the roads are widened, by two lanes because the dedicated LRT tracks would take away two lanes so there would be more traffic congestion.

Mayor Ford was elected by the people to cut taxes now I feel he is going about it the wrong way what he should have done is introduce more user pay and keep the infrastructure as opposed to selling it off.

This is democracy in action and when the next elections arrive you will have to evaluate the city government and see if we are better off since the last election and vote responsibly.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Firing people who cannot perform their jobs, fine with that. Firing people because they do not fit into your little political world well that is old fashioned corrupt style politics. Hard to make the correct decision when everyone says Love that Mr. Mayor.
Is it any wonder TO is a shambles.

tim705

Feb 19, 2012
Tim705 Toronto Mayor Ford has the better idea The Transit City LRT would only work if the roads are widened, by two lanes because the dedicated LRT tracks would take away two lanes so there would be more traffic congestion.

Mayor Ford was elected by the people to cut taxes now I feel he is going about it the wrong way what he should have done is introduce more user pay and keep the infrastructure as opposed to selling it off.

This is democracy in action and when the next elections arrive you will have to evaluate the city government and see if we are better off since the last election and vote responsibly.

I have no trust in this Mayor . He a liar and has been proven so ... This subway/LRT remind me of something that other snake Harris did by giving the 407 to a private company . NO road in this country should ever be own by a company/person .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I have no trust in this Mayor . He a liar and has been proven so ... This subway/LRT remind me of something that other snake Harris did by giving the 407 to a private company . NO road in this country should ever be own by a company/person .

Agreed.

Stintz's compromise plan is the better one, but the Pembina suggestion is best.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Karen Stintz, the commissioner of the TTC, is a Ford appointee.