Liberals embrace Monarchy: Sorry Dump

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Liberals vote to keep ties to monarchy

By Postmedia News, Postmedia News January 15, 2012

OTTAWA - The Liberal party said `no' on Sunday to ending the reign of the Queen over the Great White North.
At the party's biennial policy convention, two thirds of the assembled Grits shot down a resolution, moved by the youth wing, to sever the country's ties to the monarchy.
Delegates at the Ottawa convention also voted to legalize marijuana and to seek a preferential ballot voting system.
The votes came on the final day for a three day convention where the party wrestles to find a new way forward after a crushing defeat in the May 2 election, falling out of official Opposition status into third place.

Read a little more

Reports are now coming in that Dumpthemonarchy has taken his own life by self strangulation:smile:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The Dump is here with me on Aether Island, eating king crab, speading crustless toast with Monarch Margarine, and swilling Russian Prince. I think he is getting royally drunk.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The vodka is helping. Athough it made it difficult for him to stand at attention. I consoled him by saying that the Liberals along with our beloved Conservatives (* genuflect here for a plenary indulgence) have made policy errors in the past. Hope springs eternal.

What's that noise, Dump? Look up! It's the Royal Canadian Air Force dropping in on our peaceful Island. I wonder who is dropping by? Bloody hell, its the ...

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I loved his touch on the video, dismissively describing "God Save the Queen" as the "royal anthem of Canada, Jamaica, Australia, and some other parts of the Commonwealth of Nations.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
What ever happened to him, by the way?
I think he bumped into something sharp and blew up. lol

willqccan

Nominee Member
Aug 7, 2011
Gatineau
And I thought the liberals were the most intelligent ones in Canadian politics right now... they probably still are but this decision sucks.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
In Italy (1997), over 58.5% of "boys" between 18 and 34 still live at home with mamma, who makes them pasta and irons their shirts. Canada follows this trend politically.

Semper Mamma!

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Can't win everything all the time. People are now talking about dumping the wasteful monarchy, the discussion is farther along than it was 10 years ago. It's not a clear majority yet. So many wafflers.

As a consolation prize, the Libs want to decrim/legalise pot, as do 60% of the population. It's just a weed.