Liberal Convention

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Liberal Convention

The Liberals will try to be the leaders of tomorrow that’s if the Conservatives leave Canada intact.
Is it time for one of your patented Conservative Party booster threads already?

The Liberals will start rebuilding their party today at http://convention.liberal.ca
I heard it will be catered by Chucky Cheese and have balloons and cotton candy.

You should have fun there today.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

With there being only 4 or 5 Liberal MPs these days, the party could hold the whole convention in a mini van and save all kinds of money... That style of fiscal responsibility would say volumes in terms of their fiscal policy.

BTW - does Chucky Cheese have a drive thru window?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The Liberals will try to be the leaders of tomorrow that’s if the Conservatives leave Canada intact.

Thats rich when talking about the party that invented the country's debt, presided with governments that took regional alienation to all time highs, was in office during 2 referendums on Quebec sovereignty and also sent troops out into Canadian streets under the auspices of the War Measures Act. The Conservatives have their own problems but lets not pretend they are so much worse than "Canada's Natural Governing Party"...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Is it time for one of your patented Conservative Party booster threads already?

I don't think the Liberal party has the war chest required for such an expensive endevour. I think they will be sharing a 10 pack of timbits at a designated Tim Horton's.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
That's only because the Liberals have far better joke writers.

Interesting Liberals have have better joke writers can it be that Conservatives are the joke?

A lot of good material on the MPs like MacKay and Clement and Riatt and lots more.

This Hour Has 22 Minutes A comedy TV group are thankful for the Conservatives for providing lots of good material.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Interesting Liberals have have better joke writers can it be that Conservatives are the joke?
Nah, just great fodder.

A lot of good material on the MPs like MacKay and Clement and Riatt and lots more.
There's something to be said for situation comedies.

This Hour Has 22 Minutes A comedy TV group are thankful for the Conservatives for providing lots of good material.
This is true. Interestingly, they were formed and rose to their pinnacle during the Liberal reign.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
With there being only 4 or 5 Liberal MPs these days, the party could hold the whole convention in a mini van and save all kinds of money... That style of fiscal responsibility would say volumes in terms of their fiscal policy.

BTW - does Chucky Cheese have a drive thru window?

Do you have a clown car you could loan them? The Liberal Party includes more than just MP's...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'll get in touch with the local Kinsman lodge... They have all those great little cars that they use during the Stampede Parade... I figure that the Lib party might only need 2 or 3
Is there enough room in the trunk for their floppy shoes and squeaky noses?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'll get in touch with the local Kinsman lodge... They have all those great little cars that they use during the Stampede Parade... I figure that the Lib party might only need 2 or 3

I was thinking a 1988 dodge minivan would hold the entire convention. If you can still find one. Maybe Red Green has a spare. And a roll or two of duct tape to hold the party together.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was thinking a 1988 dodge minivan would hold the entire convention. If you can still find one. Maybe Red Green has a spare. And a roll or two of duct tape to hold the party together.
With the transmission and head gasket problems those vans are famous for, it would be quite ironically symbolic.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Liberal Convention

The Liberals will start rebuilding their party today at http://convention.liberal.ca

The Liberals will try to be the leaders of tomorrow? Considering the doldrums they presently find themselves in they might want to shoot for a later date.