Why Adam Vaughn should STFU

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
If you don't know who the wanker is, you're not missing much. He needs some Red Green tape across his self-righteous whiny leftoid lippers. Oh I know...now some will say hey, go easy on young Adam. He's a good boy, means well.

Well bite me. :lol:

Councillor Adam Vaughan (Trinity-Spadina) is a jolly old soul and a very hard-working councillor, but he really stuck his foot in his bouche at Budget committee at City Hall on Tuesday. The debate centred on a plan to cut funding for five of the city’s 106 wading pools. The vice-chair of the committee, Councillor Doug Ford (Etobicoke North), suggested that most wading pools are downtown anyway, noting that the suburbs’ money “was flowing downtown for the last seven years.” Mr. Vaughan shot back, “You’ve got an industrial park for a ward.”
First of all, Mr. Vaughan’s quip is false: there are plenty of homes in Mr. Ford’s ward; gracious homes with spacious lawns in which the owners take great pride. But what troubles me more is the tone of the remark; it sounds dismissive, as though an industrial ward were somehow less important, or less desirable, than his groovy swath of the Annex and Kensington Market and Chinatown and the waterfront.
Industry built Toronto. This town was born as a port. Today we have factories all over this city — particularly in Etobicoke — and a damn good thing too, because factory jobs pay better than jobs at the Second Cup. More to the point, perhaps, for City Council, factories pour taxes into city coffers. Were it not for the factories of Toronto, cuts to city spending would have to be a lot more painful than the ones the Fords have proposed.

more

Peter Kuitenbrouwer: Why Adam Vaughan should rethink his remarks on Doug Ford’s ‘industrial park’ ward | Posted Toronto | National Post