Smart Meters shaping up to be fiasco akin to HST

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Smart Meters shaping up to be fiasco akin to HST

By Cheryl Baron, Vancouver Sun
Re: $930-million smart meter rollout not flowing smoothly as B.C. residents start making waves, Sept. 28
Apparently Premier Christy Clark and the BC Liberals have learned absolutely nothing from the HST (harmonized sales tax) fiasco.
This situation is exactly the same. They have rushed to institute something that will drastically affect voters, with absolutely no consultation beforehand.

Taxpayers have several, very legitimate concerns about Smart Meters.

Not just possible health issues, but also around the massive cost of installation at a time when your government is preaching restraint, possible privacy breeches and the possibility of using Smart Meters as cash cows to deal with the negative effects of Gordon Campbell's ill-conceived energy policy.

Read more: Smart Meters shaping up to be fiasco akin to HST

Same crap in Ontario. My mechanic runs a shop in our little town and he was fitted with one of these rip off meters. He looked me straight in the eye and said. "How am I supposed to avoid using power at peak times."

This is just another example of something that was rammed down our throats by government and while the businesses get hosed in this little project guess who will be flipping the bill?

The consumer?

The BC Liberals and the Ontario Liberals need to be tossed out on their asses.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Just wait until smart appliances are connect to the smart grid and your AC is shut off when you are using too much energy that industry needs.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Well the Public sector and the Insurance Lobby will be fighting hard to keep this smuck in government.

I think if we got McLiar for four more years, Ontario would become a barren wasteland, far worse than what it is now.

One of Hudak's promises is to get rid of the Smart Meters, isn't it?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The fact of the matter is that there's a pretty hefty proportion of people who don't feel a significant loss from increasing hydro bills and the HST. I think it's a legitimate concern, but there are enough people that aren't in that much of a huff over this. Enough to deny Hudak a majority government.

Now, see.. If we had proportional rep., then McGuinty wouldn't have this disproportional advantage in seat distribution and your voices would actually be heard.

I'm sure I could pull the sour grapes card like all you lovely folks did to me during the federal election, but I actually care about your needs as well. :)