It's a matter of three

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
That's the way I see it. It will take Ontario three hard kicks to the groin before it finally entertains the idea of dumping McGuinty Government on its ear, but by then it will be too late.

In the first Provincial Election Dalton McGuinty went on Toronto's CFRB and when pressed by Bill Carroll as to whether he would raise taxes he said. "No! No new taxes."

After beating Earnie Eves Dalton raised taxes, bringing in the Health care premium

In a second election Dalton McGuinty ran against John Tory and again he went on CFRB and again was asked by none other than Bill Carroll. "Premier McGuinty, you said you wouldn't raise taxes and you. Why should we believe you this time around?"

McGuinty replied solemnly, "I mean it this time."

After beating John Tory Dalton McGuinty introduced a landfill tax for electronics, the harmonized sales tax and an Eco Tax that would be recalled after public outrage.

So here we are at round three and Dalton McGuinty has solemnly stated that if given a third term he will not raise taxes. He really really really means it this time and we should take him at his word because let's face it, his word is everything.

Then the other day Liberal MPP Dave Levac’ let's it slip that a carbon tax is on the table.

Say what!?

In Belleville, McGuinty moved to limit any political damage, insisting the Liberals would not hike taxes.
“It is not true. We are not moving ahead with a carbon tax,” he said Wednesday at a Kellogg cereal plant.
“Ontarians have done their share. They have made real contributions to our growth and prosperity in Ontario.”
McGuinty also said there are no current plans to start a cap-and-trade system because “we have no partners.”

Do you believe him?

I think the people of Ontario are going to need to get bitch slapped for four more years before they wake up and get rid of this lying bum.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was forced to watch Satan for two hours and noticed Dalton commercials. It seems both parties like him because he's the only guy they show on Satan.

Somebody should really do something about that. People who turn down Satan's volume might get confused.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I was forced to watch Satan for two hours and noticed Dalton commercials. It seems both parties like him because he's the only guy they show on Satan.

Somebody should really do something about that. People who turn down Satan's volume might get confused.

WTF are you talking about SATAN?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
That's the way I see it. It will take Ontario three hard kicks to the groin before it finally entertains the idea of dumping McGuinty Government on its ear, but by then it will be too late.

In the first Provincial Election Dalton McGuinty went on Toronto's CFRB and when pressed by Bill Carroll as to whether he would raise taxes he said. "No! No new taxes."

After beating Earnie Eves Dalton raised taxes, bringing in the Health care premium

In a second election Dalton McGuinty ran against John Tory and again he went on CFRB and again was asked by none other than Bill Carroll. "Premier McGuinty, you said you wouldn't raise taxes and you. Why should we believe you this time around?"

McGuinty replied solemnly, "I mean it this time."

After beating John Tory Dalton McGuinty introduced a landfill tax for electronics, the harmonized sales tax and an Eco Tax that would be recalled after public outrage.

So here we are at round three and Dalton McGuinty has solemnly stated that if given a third term he will not raise taxes. He really really really means it this time and we should take him at his word because let's face it, his word is everything.

Then the other day Liberal MPP Dave Levac’ let's it slip that a carbon tax is on the table.

Say what!?

Do you believe him?

I think the people of Ontario are going to need to get bitch slapped for four more years before they wake up and get rid of this lying bum.

It's Ontario, what can I say. :smile: I have not been paying much attention to Ontario politics but I did watch an interview with, I think it was the Conservative candidate, who talked about putting prisoners to work cleaning up roadsides etc. I thought that was a pretty darn good idea though human rights activists apparently thought it violated prisoners rights. Canada, you gotta love it.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There are always laws and taxes that is what society is about I have no problem with
increased taxes and even new taxes, if they are warranted to pay the bills for things
people want. I have a problem though with wasteful spending, paying to much, giving
tax breaks to the wealthy that produce nothing, and merely adding cost of living tax
increases to the same old same old.
This business about not raising taxes or no new taxes is nonsense, of course they will
rise and new situations will come up. Not only that the federal government has raised
the debt and deficit higher than any other government in recent memory. To suggest
the Tories will do any better is to dip the magic ferry wand in the magic ferry dust and
dream on.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
He and his Stewardship Ontario eco 'fee' taxes.

That alone is reason enough for this guy to die in a car fire.

The sooner this lying smirking prick is tossed out the better.

Maybe once Ontario is hurting bad enough...until then it's smarm, charm and apathy run amok.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's Ontario, what can I say. :smile: I have not been paying much attention to Ontario politics but I did watch an interview with, I think it was the Conservative candidate, who talked about putting prisoners to work cleaning up roadsides etc. I thought that was a pretty darn good idea though human rights activists apparently thought it violated prisoners rights. Canada, you gotta love it.

See, I don't have a problem with that idea, per se.What does irk me is, if I recall correctly, this was one of the first ideas put forth by Hudak and his team.

So, to recap, Ontario has massive unemployment problems, skyrocketing hydro rates, crumbling infastructure, etc...so yes let's please talk about chain gangs.

This election should be a cake walk for the Conservatives, Ontario has a massive hate on for McGuinty and yet it's not playing out that way.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Hudak? That's his name? I'm no fancy schmancy Madison Ave gender confused ad guy but they really should start mentioning the guy instead of showing nothing but McGuinty on TV. With the volume down the only guy that appears to be running is McGuinty.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
See, I don't have a problem with that idea, per se.What does irk me is, if I recall correctly, this was one of the first ideas put forth by Hudak and his team.

So, to recap, Ontario has massive unemployment problems, skyrocketing hydro rates, crumbling infastructure, etc...so yes let's please talk about chain gangs.

This election should be a cake walk for the Conservatives, Ontario has a massive hate on for McGuinty and yet it's not playing out that way.

McDouche and Hudak are polling pretty much equal though. I think we might end up with a minority government.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
How can you eediots trust MCLIAR and HUDAT?!?

Don't worry. We'll have a minority government either way.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Tories have sold off resources and infrastructure. How is that better than taxes?

Being unemployed or worse is better? I appreciate that Harris went too far with cuts, but Peterson and Rae left the Province bankrupt never mind Paul Martin cutting transfer payments to all the Provinces.

I honestly don't have anymore cash left to give these bums.

It's time for a change.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
Being unemployed or worse is better? I appreciate that Harris went too far with cuts, but Peterson and Rae left the Province bankrupt never mind Paul Martin cutting transfer payments to all the Provinces.

It's time for a change.
The Harris/Hudak/Hutton(she being the wife of Hudak.and past senior advisor to Harris) triumvirate certainly frightens me. Harris made us all the poorer by downloading services to municipalities...which CANNOT run a deficit...guess whose municipal taxes skyrocketed?
I'm tired of Hudak borrowing from his federal cousins regarding "law and order" issues. At $200.00/day per provincial prisoner...that's $73000.00 a year,per prisoner.....pretty expensive for road cleaning !!
I

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Oh jeez, but look, they'll be able to lay off all those nasty regular road clearing employees. Ain't that special.! And I don't believe they make $200.00/day. Another con way of saving money. right.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

It's time for a change.
Is "Being unemployed or worse is better?" an answer?

Man, you'd be the first one to nag someone for posting another question without answering yours. What employment is there when the resources are gone and heavy industry is taking advantage of lower electricity costs in Quebec ... or labour costs in Mexico, Brazil and China? Tories fritter away the future.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I can understand why people who have worked or work in the public sector would like to see McGuinty hang around for four more years, because under his watch public sector jobs have grown during a recession. So while other people have lost their jobs McGuinty has grown jobs in government.
Those of you complaining about Manufacturing going to China, seem to forget about Jean Chretien's: TEAM CANADA.breaking trail into China.