Canada as the world super power?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
IF it was Canada that was the world super power for the last 100years instead of the USA, would we have done a better job? a worse job? the same? why?

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I think some of our social policies are kinder and gentler, but individual rights aren't as important to our government.

Mathiew

Apr 23, 2011
Montreal
I am for a high tax rate and a public health care system ; nothing to do with been kinder. This is what I call doing the best I can and it is what I think I receive for orders.

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
I personally think our romantic notion of being peace keepers would have made us pretty lousy as THE world super power. We just wouldn't have had the stomach to do what needed to be done at times.

I also think that there are many conflicts that we would have stayed out of because our belief in individual rights are not as strong as the USA.

Edit: it's Super, not Supper :)

Last edited:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Canada is too small in population to be a super power if we had 300 million more people but we don't so the other countries just call us nice and we have to grin and laugh it off. Canada has to bring in compulsory military service of two years so all Canadians can be trained to defend this country.

Canada needs more modern Canadian designed and built military hardware and equipment because as Canada grows more countries will be hostile to it.