Neanderthal Jon Baird Becomes Foreign Minister

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Now we get to be the douchebag goons of the world..

John Baird to be new foreign affairs minister

The man known as the Conservatives' bulldog in the House of Commons will now be the face of Canada abroad, as Prime Minister Stephen Harper has tapped John Baird to be his new Foreign Affairs minister, CTV News has learned. Baird's previous position was Government House Leader and garnered a tough reputation based on his performances during question period on Parliament Hill.
CTV's Ottawa Bureau Chief Robert Fife reported the news late Tuesday.

Harper will be announcing the cabinet shuffle 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at Rideau Hall. He has six posts to fill due to ministers retiring or losing their seat in the recent election. Finance Minister Jim Flaherty will stay in his current role, which was expected as the Conservatives ran heavily on stability and their budget during the election.

The foreign affairs post opened up after Lawrence Cannon lost his Quebec seat to an NDP rival.

Two other Quebec-based cabinet ministers also lost their seats: Josee Verner and Jean-Pierre Blackburn. Another two ministers, both from British Columbia, retired: Chuck Strahl and Stockwell Day. That means Harper must also appoint new ministers to the portfolios of Treasury Board, Intergovernmental Affairs, Transport, Veterans Affairs and Sports.

He has a caucus of 166 members to choose from, including newly elected Ontario MP Chris Alexander, who served as Canada's ambassador to Afghanistan, and Bernard Valcourt, who won his seat in New Brunswick and once served as a minister of state under Brian Mulroney.

Gender and regional balances always play a part in cabinet decisions, which could mean Quebec MP Maxime Bernier may finally be back in the cabinet after being banished to the backbenches in 2008. The prime minister is expected to leave another high-profile cabinet minister, Defence Minister Peter MacKay, in his current position.

John Baird to be new foreign affairs minister - CTV News

This is very very bad.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
If the likes of Trudeau and Chretien could become Prime Ministers, there is nothing wrong with John Baird being Foreign Minister.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Somebody get a mop. I just slipped on a puddle of post election tears.:lol:

Whatever.

I have no beans with Tony Clement earning his title. At least he's half sane.

Step outside your partisan bubble and understand that this inbred douche is going to bring us a lot of trouble.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Whatever.

I have no beans with Tony Clement earning his title. At least he's half sane.

Step outside your partisan bubble and understand that this inbred douche is going to bring us a lot of trouble.

I'm not being partisan at all. Inbred Douche? LOL. Now thats partisan.

When the inbred douche does something that I deem unacceptable I will then judge him on his job performance.

Until then I will wait and see.

You might consider the same.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
When the inbred douche does something that I deem unacceptable I will then judge him on his job performance.

Until then I will wait and see.

You might consider the same.

Yea, I guess you wouldn't have a problem with someone who believes the Kyoto protocol would cause 'economic collapse', lol

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yea, I guess you wouldn't have a problem with someone who believes the Kyoto protocol would cause 'economic collapse', lol

I think Kyoto was a stupid initiative. Punishing some Countries for carbon emissions and turning a blind eye to others (like China).

Carbon taxes are not the answer. Incentives are the the answer.

I guess that makes me an inbred douche too.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg

The Kyoto Protocol would produce unprecedented boom economic boom..... in China and India. And perhaps Brazil.

At the expense of the West, of course. And it is fine with the Left who are Hell bent on suicide wishes and self-loathing, in order to be politically correct.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
So John is our new Foreign Affairs Minister - good for John. Will be watching to see how he handles this new post and wishing him all the best.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I think John will do a good job in this portfolio.
He's been a good performer in the House.

Go get em John !!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just Googled John Baird. His record looks pretty good including a lot of support at the polling booths. I think he is a man who can get things done. While I admit that some of his endeavours might be contraversial, I say "good, he's not afraid to take risks". Of course he's going to come across as a meanie in some circles for a stand to stop welfare payments being used to finance street drugs. It's not like he cut them off food and shelter. I don't want my taxes going toward buying drugs either. Good on John. I'd venture to say every successful person has pissed someone off. Tough! :smile:

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
I just Googled John Baird. His record looks pretty good including a lot of support at the polling booths. I think he is a man who can get things done. While I admit that some of his endeavours might be contraversial, I say "good, he's not afraid to take risks". Of course he's going to come across as a meanie in some circles for a stand to stop welfare payments being used to finance street drugs. It's not like he cut them off food and shelter. I don't want my taxes going toward buying drugs either. Good on John. I'd venture to say every successful person has pissed someone off. Tough! :smile:

I agree with you on this.
We are not paying to win popularity contests, we pay him to get a job done that is good for Canada. Making tough decisions does not always make you a lot of friends, but making tough decisions does make Canada a stronger and better country.

Mark Holland was a dumbo that's why the people did not re-elect him.
The people are always right,,,,you know !!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Anyone that is not a drooling IDIOT knows the Kyoto Protocol would cause economic collapse.

Why do you think it has been abandoned??????

Gee Whiz! A clash in Parliament between two opposites....

Tell me, which one was re-elected......and which one got thrown out by the people???

Talk about scum....Mark Holland floats on top of the pool.

You think a guy plays frontman in a minority government day in and day out without getting caught off base occasionally?

Take a dose of reality.

Give Baird a chance.