Rights when it comes to CRA

bev21544

Nov 25, 2010
Sherwood Park Alberta
For six years I have been harassed, intimidated and bullied by the CRA. (Canada Revenue Agency) Even after another party took ownership of what they were accusing me of they have continued to come after me. I have lost everything, my business, my ability to earn a living etc etc. Finally I decided to stop being their victim and launched a law suit against them. I have so much evidence and many witnesses, but it appears that they do not want it to be out in the public. Today the Federal Court of Canada
Struck out my case, not even allowing it to go to court and charging me for costs. I have reached my end, I need to stop being terrorized by these people, but with little or no resources left it appears I will not be able to end this and it looks like I will have live in a box with no address and no access to banks or money, jump off a bridge or my last hope is to apply for refugee status to the United States in order to get away from this persecution. I have started this process, but feel it is extremely unfair when my only goal in the beginning was to to help someone out.

I have appealed to the United Nations and the Commonwealth Human Rights for aid in this respect as I have been left with little or no resources and the cost have mounted and keep on going higher, which is exactly what they want, so that I just cannot afford to pursue protecting myself. I currently must depend on living and being supported by friends and relatives to stay alive. This is a David and Goliath situation, but it is not uncommon here in Canada. I have gone through the tax courts, written to many people with no success, my own MP told me he could not discuss the situation as it was a private affair, so much for MP's representing their constituents.
It seems a shame that I will have to leave my country and my home in order to get away from this Government Agency persecution. I would gladly provide all my documentation and evidence to anyone who would like to follow up or learn more of this continuing nightmare.

Many many thanks for any help that you can give me.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm sorry, are you asking for financial contributions from this membership?

There are numerous ways to appeal decisions of the Canada Revenue Agency. Chances are the Federal Court had reasons for rejecting your appeal; in any case, if you feel that there is a question of human rights, you could challenge Her Majesty's Government for Canada under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Addendum: I very much doubt that the United States of America is going to be in the business of entertaining refugee status requests from Canadians.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Contact one of those TV stations that reports on unfair practices by the Revenue Agency ... like 6x9 ... they'll put legitimate problems on the news, and that usually gets some action. There was a story not too long ago about something similar with a guy that had a gun store. I think the probem was resolved, although I don't think he was compensated for financial loss fighting the gov't.

bev21544

Nov 25, 2010
Sherwood Park Alberta
I'm sorry, are you asking for financial contributions from this membership?

There are numerous ways to appeal decisions of the Canada Revenue Agency. Chances are the Federal Court had reasons for rejecting your appeal; in any case, if you feel that there is a question of human rights, you could challenge Her Majesty's Government for Canada under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Addendum: I very much doubt that the United States of America is going to be in the business of entertaining refugee status requests from Canadians.
Sorry FiveParadox that you took it wrong, I am not looking for any financial aid, I am only looking for help in form of ideas and things to try. I have tried every venue and believe me the courts and appealing are only for the rich and CRA tends to bank on that fact. Another fact I am having a much better go of it with the US. Even my MP is astounded that things have gone so far. Actually many people are.
We have several groups of people, one that numbers over 1800 all who have suffered the same or similar treatment by this out of control agency who is accountable to no one. A number of us have been in contact with various reporting shows, several have even seemed about to go with it but suddenly changed their minds.
Ariadne, thanks for the advice, several people have won in court but they have never been compensated and CRA always appeals and keeps it in the courts for as long as they can hence one runs out of money before too long as only they can afford the legal fees and of course they have never ending funds coming out of our pockets.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm sorry to hear this has not been settled for you. What is the nature of the CRA ruling/issue?