Colpy advertises on cbc.ca???

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
So, I'm looking through some news articles on cbc.ca.

In the lower right corner are ads supplied by google, which depend on the article you're reading.

At one point, the ads were for:

Tasers, stun guns, and pepper sprays - huge holiday blowout. Buy now.

and

Intensive gun training. In four days of focussed training get fast & accurate with your gun.

I didn't think tasers and stun guns were legal in Canada. Anyway, kinda funny to see it advertised on cbc.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
It's a Google ad.

By the way...
From CBC
Quote:
"In the United States, Tasers are not considered firearms and are legal for civilian use in most states. Some cities, counties and states do restrict — or ban — their use by people who are not police officers. The company will not ship its product outside the United States unless the person placing the order holds a valid import/export permit.

"In Canada, however, Tasers are a prohibited weapon. Only one company can import them into Canada under a special permit, and they can only sell the devices to law enforcement agencies, said RCMP Cpl. Greg Gillis, who trains police officers in how to use Tasers. Each Taser sale is registered and tracked, much like a handgun, he said."

Read more: CBC News - Canada - Facts about stun guns and their use in Canada

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It's a Google ad.

By the way...
From CBC
Quote:
"In the United States, Tasers are not considered firearms and are legal for civilian use in most states. Some cities, counties and states do restrict — or ban — their use by people who are not police officers. The company will not ship its product outside the United States unless the person placing the order holds a valid import/export permit.

"In Canada, however, Tasers are a prohibited weapon. Only one company can import them into Canada under a special permit, and they can only sell the devices to law enforcement agencies, said RCMP Cpl. Greg Gillis, who trains police officers in how to use Tasers. Each Taser sale is registered and tracked, much like a handgun, he said."

Read more: CBC News - Canada - Facts about stun guns and their use in Canada

And you can order them over the Internet - Wonder how many get thru? i would estimate - thousands

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Yes, it is. That's why I said that.

Funny, though, to see things advertised on cbc.ca that are illegal to import.

And the holiday special really added a nice twist. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Well ya know at Christmas, some people need some booze (men) to get up dancing - now you can point and shoot and sit back and watch the moves.

Then when ya say everybody should be dancing, no wallflowers will be left sitting.

Electrify your local house party -

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So, I'm looking through some news articles on cbc.ca.

In the lower right corner are ads supplied by google, which depend on the article you're reading.

At one point, the ads were for:

Tasers, stun guns, and pepper sprays - huge holiday blowout. Buy now.

and

Intensive gun training. In four days of focussed training get fast & accurate with your gun.

I didn't think tasers and stun guns were legal in Canada. Anyway, kinda funny to see it advertised on cbc.
You sure got my attention!!!!

The very idea that I would advertise arms training on the Communist Broadcasting Corporation website!!!! lol

Yes, Tasers and stun guns of any kind are prohibited for private use in Canada. As is pepper spray....unless it is carried for protection against animals.

Oh yeah....and the Cop below is a complete ****ing MORON! What the hell did he think he was doing unholstering his weapon in a classroom full of kids???? IDIOT!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
That was hilarius how everyone yells "put it down" when he picks up the gun at the end.

I mean, what do they teach these guys???? Not only should he never have unholstered the weapon, he obviously completely ignored Rule Three........I mean, there are only four...

!. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded always.

2. Never point a firearm at anything you do not wish to destroy.

3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.

4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Simple. Follow those four rules and you will never shoot anyone by accident..........including yourself.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh yeah....and the Cop below is a complete ****ing MORON! What the hell did he think he was doing unholstering his weapon in a classroom full of kids???? IDIOT!

He shouldn't have had a weapon in there to begin with. :)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I figured it would get you out of the rain, you know. 166 mm in 6 days, fer chrissakes.

It's insane! The old homestead, where I still own a small woodlot (Albert County) had 297mm!!!!! Roads washed out all around....I was going to go up there hunting....bad idea.

He shouldn't have had a weapon in there to begin with. :)
A police officer should always be armed, but he should know when NOT to draw the weapon.