what is your favorite Month of the year?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
hey everyone!

so, of the 12 months we get to endure in a year, there are months that everyone likes, dislikes etc.

what is your favorite month? why is that? perhaps it's an anniversary month? a birthday? special event that you go to?

maybe it's a month where it's warm!!

Well, my favorite month is December. because it's the month where I get to decorate the house for Christmas with lights and displays and make it look cool.

plus decorate the inside with a tree and other Christmas things. Movie Specials through out the entire month! music, family gatherings,

if I were to not include December.. then it would be either October or June.

June is when it's supposed to be warm out all day and night, everyone starts to go camping and vacationing..

October is the month when you visit family for Thanksgiving! and fall is here too.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Given the choice, I would pick a year of Augusts....

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
August is it for me.

My son was born in August. I was married in August. In August NFL pre-season is here, CFL season is in full swing and NHL training camps are around the corner. Also has the old memory association from childhood of being the last month of freedom before school started.

October is pretty cool too. I love fall weather more than the heat of summer, the colour of the leaves, the fact that the NHL is back and its still not too cold sit outside and have a beer whilst BBQing a steak (OK it never really is but...).

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Today, my favourite is October. One of the best things about the fall is the birds. The males loose their feathers late in the summer, and become dull coloured (like females). The replace their feathers for flying south, and they become dull coloured in the process for protection from predators, like coyotes. In the fall, the ducks have replaced their feathers and they are especially vibrant. I took a couple of duck pictures today.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Definitely July!!! Everything is green and the temp's are hot (usually). The
windows stay open and the furnace stays off. Hot nights and fire-pits.
Sitting around the deck with drinks. I believe that July is the only
month in Saskatchewan on record that it hasn't snowed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
May is good, long days, generally nice weather, lots in the garden to keep busy and you still have summer to look forward to. :smile:

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I like the Spring, just before the baby ducks are snatched by swooping hawks.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Took these photos today ... great day!

Horned Owl

Beaver Dam

Last edited:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I like May due to the flowers started to bloom and the trees budding. The onslaught of colour, especially after the grey, white, and brown of Winter, is especially pleasing to me. Plus, my flower garden starts up!:)

I like the leaves turning colour in the Fall, but I would prefer the leaves to stay in the trees after they change colour and then just change back to green in the Spring. Halloween is cool as well, as there are some people that go all-out with their decorations.:)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
hey everyone!

so, of the 12 months we get to endure in a year, there are months that everyone likes, dislikes etc.

what is your favorite month? why is that? perhaps it's an anniversary month? a birthday? special event that you go to?

maybe it's a month where it's warm!!

Well, my favorite month is December. because it's the month where I get to decorate the house for Christmas with lights and displays and make it look cool.

plus decorate the inside with a tree and other Christmas things. Movie Specials through out the entire month! music, family gatherings,

if I were to not include December.. then it would be either October or June.

June is when it's supposed to be warm out all day and night, everyone starts to go camping and vacationing..

October is the month when you visit family for Thanksgiving! and fall is here too.

The Spring - March - April - we see the wonder of the world awakening. No other season can beat that. Even Christmas for those that believe.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Fall and Spring are the months when really cool things happen in the course of about 2 weeks. Summer seems to go for weeks where things remain the same.

The fog and crispness of winter is always welcome, but it's not the same as fall and spring.

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I love spring - before it gets too hot in California - I think I still have Canadian blood in my veins.

No one month is special to me as they all hold surprises and holidays and celebrations (large family) and memories galore.

My most unfavorite month was September when I was a kid - starting back to school. After I checked out the teachers and my new classmates, I sorted out as many "good things" as I could and got on with it...

It's really hard to pick one of the twelve as they all hold beautiful anticipation and memories both.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I love spring - before it gets too hot in California - I think I still have Canadian blood in my veins.

No one month is special to me as they all hold surprises and holidays and celebrations (large family) and memories galore.

My most unfavorite month was September when I was a kid - starting back to school. After I checked out the teachers and my new classmates, I sorted out as many "good things" as I could and got on with it...

It's really hard to pick one of the twelve as they all hold beautiful anticipation and memories both.

You'll always be an honorary Canadian to me.:)