a Drink idea.. would it sell?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Ok so I just came up with this idea for a alcoholic drink you could create.

How about creating a Coca-Cola Rum drink?

put it in a can, make the can a dark brown color with Red and some black and white. and call it Coca-Cola Rum.

make it available just like a Can of Coke but in Bars and night clubs.. and sell it in liquor stores..

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ya know Chili.... I'd boycott the bar that relies on prepackaged drinks for all their beverages. What a ridiculous waste of packaging.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
like all good inventions you are about a day late and a dollar short.
Now if you could put Southern Comfort and coffee in a can and keep it hot...

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
so tell me this then
how come Coca Cola hasn't themselves come out with a coke-rum bottle or can?

are they not willing to get directly involved?

For one, the increased revenue they might receive from alcohol sales would probably diminish their "wholesome" brand as they frequently market towards kids and whatnot. Probably not worth the risk, all it takes is some drunken tragedy involving "Coke-Rum" and the damage is done.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
why would Coca-Cola want to expand into brewing? What they do now is simple and works.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
well, I just figured if a company wants to make more money and expand their control in the beverage industry.. this would be a way to do it.

Coke is already massive, and besides the fact that people who want a rum & coke are going to by the coke regardless... you know?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It is so hard to throw a couple or three ice cubes in a glass, add a couple ounces of rum, and top up with rum it makes me tired
just thinking about it, I almost forgot about the twist of lime.

I'm afraid the ready-made rum and coke just doesn't appeal to me. I'll mix my own in the strength/weakness I want. You couldn't
do that with a pre-mixed can and if you use 1/2 a can, the rest will go flat. This idea won't work because there is no advantage...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
heeheehee.... I think I'll let juan mix my drinks from now on.... rum mixed with rum... MMMMMMmmmmmm.