Best Color combinations for business attire?

Dingus

Born too late
May 19, 2010
Billericay
Depends on the business, the people you are dealing with and the subject. I deal with many professional people in housing ans if meeting with them them ita a sober coloured suits and tie. When meeting with tenants and tenant groups, I am more informal and wear brighter colours and casual gear as ties and formal wear can out up barriers. When working with kids I wear loud tee shirts and worn faded jeans. Anything more formal and they wont talk to me as I am seen as "too official". Hope that makes sense.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I came across this yesterday in a different context, but colour is important in terms of how others perceive.

Choosing the Right Colors for Your Website

I think the concepts can extend to business formal. Personally, for business/formal, I would choose neutrals, simplicity, with maybe one detail (like a cool belt) to accent. Never go with more than 3 colours, preferably one colour, and no more than two neutrals ... like black, white, beige, tan.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sober colours.... What colour do you feel when you're hung over?
Wear lots of grays and slime green.

I came across this yesterday in a different context, but colour is important in terms of how others perceive.

Choosing the Right Colors for Your Website

I think the concepts can extend to business formal. Personally, for business/formal, I would choose neutrals, simplicity, with maybe one detail (like a cool belt) to accent. Never go with more than 3 colours, preferably one colour, and no more than two neutrals ... like black, white, beige, tan.
Interesting. I find color a perplexing issue and am working on revamping my site. I am going with more neutrals, but I can't decide precisely which mix.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
so, i'm curious..

in your opinion.. what are the best color combinations for business or Formal wear?

There was actually a study on colors for business attire done by, I think, Boston U. The outcome for men was black suit with white shirt and pink tie.