tattoo shops

irishguy

Jul 27, 2010
hi im over from ireland visiting for the summer and want to get another tatto while im over here. im staying in bowmanville now and wondering where the best tattoo shops are? im looking around the bowmanville, oshawa and even toronto area. if anyone has any good recommendations it would be much appreciated!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
hi im over from ireland visiting for the summer and want to get another tatto while im over here. im staying in bowmanville now and wondering where the best tattoo shops are? im looking around the bowmanville, oshawa and even toronto area. if anyone has any good recommendations it would be much appreciated!

Since I reached adulthood I've always wondered why people think they can improve on the human body with "artwork". Albeit I do have a couple of homemade tattoos dating back to my early teens as a reminder of my stupidity.....................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I don't feel any desire for getting a tattoo, my sister has a tattoo on her foot. I wouldn't really call that self-mutilation. There are varying degrees of tattooing that goes on as well. Some people have full-body tattoos, which I don't find attractive on a woman(sort of like the woman from Miami Ink) but since it is their body I can't really say too much about it. I don't understand the whole body piercing thing(the people that have 30+ piercings) but again, it is their body. There could be worse things in the world that they could be doing, after all.

Welcome to CC, irishguy.

I hope you find a Tattoo Shop to your liking. I'm not from that area, so unfortunately I can't help you out there.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I'm at the other end of the country so I can't help you.
I use temp tats anyway cuz I could never make up my mind.

irishguy

Jul 27, 2010
thanks shadow! i'll find somewhere! just have to keep researchin around for wheres good!
and as for the self mutilation, no one asked u!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Irish guy, Solitary Studios in Oshawa, is an excellent place to get tat's.

They use disposable equipment, so there's little chance of infections and have an excellent reputation.

Have you any experience with tat's?

I have a couple, Native clan tat, and my regimental tat.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Solitary Studios - Tattoo Gallery

Yeah they look like they do some decent work.
Yep, that's why we'll be taking Hawkeye there to get his clan tat done. He says he's ready, and it's a tradition.

He also wants a "Made in Canada" tat, but I'm not comfortable with that yet. The clan tat is reasonable and enough at this point. When he's older, he can choose to do it on his own, if he wishes.

irishguy

Jul 27, 2010
thanks guys! just lookin on there website there and they look pretty good! im gonna be lookin for black and grey work wit shadin so im pretty happy wit there stuff! im a few tats already! nothin big! if i can get this done right it would be the start of a half sleave!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Here is the scoop on the recent upsurge of tattoo shops. they are drug laundering business for the red machine.

Kinda ironic...using ink to make money.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Why would anyone choose to debase their bodies with tattooes?

What would they want to look like? Convicts or professional wrestlers?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Every man in my family has or clan tat on their forearm. All that have served, have their regimental patch on their arm.

Why you ask. Because we wear our history with pride

What would they want to look like?
I look like me. What do you look like?

Convicts or professional wrestlers?
Neither.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

What would they want to look like? Convicts or professional wrestlers?

That has always baffled me!!!!!!! It may be a sign of insecurity or being starved for attention. But don't quote me, Y.J. I was stupid once myself. :lol::lol::lol:

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
That has always baffled me!!!!!!! It may be a sign of insecurity or being starved for attention. But don't quote me, Y.J. I was stupid once myself. :lol::lol::lol:
One of the biggest turn offs is a beautiful gal covered with tats.