ordinary citizens suing celebrities..

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
so I read on the wire today that some disabled lady in the UK is suing Simon Cowell because she claims he made her suffer and so on when she tried out for the Britain's Got Talent TV show.

it makes me wonder if she is legit or if she's trying to get some extra cash to help out her suffering and painful life problem.

we've seen it before, Athletes getting sued for claiming they were raped or assaulted.. same with movie stars and musicians.

now obviously, some of them are legitimate and deserve Justice..

but you can't help but have your first thoughts be "trying to take advantage of the celebrity" when another person files a lawsuit for Millions against someone with tonnes of cash!

Like what is going through that person's head??

can you imagine? you are a movie star and you have 60 million in income and worth, some ordinary person comes up to you and wants something from you and you kindly say "no thank you" or along the lines of this..

they go "oh ya? well i'll get you!" and they file some lawsuit claiming that you did something to them and now they want to get even with you!

just makes you seriously doubt the intelligence of some folks out there..

MapleOne

Worlds greatest Dad'n
Jul 19, 2010
Kitchener, Ontario
www.MapleOne.com
so I read on the wire today that some disabled lady in the UK is suing Simon Cowell because she claims he made her suffer and so on when she tried out for the Britain's Got Talent TV show.

Very doubtful this will go anywhere, I hear the release form for these type of shows is now dozens of pages long. You have to sign your life away before you ever get a glimpse of the judges.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No real chance of winning anything in Britain. They don't allow frivolous lawsuits or the massive awards present in the US.