Latest poll on Capital punishment

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

They are not hard to find Ton, you can start with the jury, the prosecutor and the judge...................it's not rocket science.

You live in a democracy they were acting on your behalf. Which pen would you prefer? Kent? Edmonton? Prince Albert? Something out east maybe?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You live in a democracy they were acting on your behalf. Which pen would you prefer? Kent? Edmonton? Prince Albert? Something out east maybe?

Let 'em rot in the same one Milgaard was in.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

What do you mean by productive efficiency?

I mean getting economically productive work out of the guy.

Unforgiven

They are not hard to find Ton, you can start with the jury, the prosecutor and the judge...................it's not rocket science.

It's not rocket science, it's rocket engineering.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

It's not rocket science, it's rocket engineering.

Oh, OK I'm not one for getting hung up on semantics.

Tonington

The jury was only weighing the evidence they were presented. You want to fault them for not knowing what they don't know? New evidence is what proved innocence. You want to imprison people who had no intent to do harm. That's mighty dickish of you. If there is fraud, then that is a different matter altogether.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

The jury was only weighing the evidence they were presented. You want to fault them for not knowing what they don't know? New evidence is what proved innocence. You want to imprison people who had no intent to do harm. That's mighty dickish of you. If there is fraud, then that is a different matter altogether.

Yep, I spoke a little too quickly on that. Actually I saw a documentary on that case and have done some reading. The main flaw in the entire trial that I discerned was one witness, the judge disallowed. At the exact time the girl was murdered and at a location a considerable distance away Milgaard stopped at a store to buy smokes (the proprietor could attest to the time because Milgaard was outside the store when he opened in the morning) and was prepared to testify. Possibly the jury was partly to blame because they obviously didn't give enough weight to this important fact, but then I don't know for sure if the jury was apprised of it. The prosecutor obviously knew. So the judged and prosecutor should bare the brunt of the blame.

Unforgiven

Oh, OK I'm not one for getting hung up on semantics.

Hey I'm just the messanger, no need to get anti-semantic.