Québecois

lisa17

Jan 24, 2010
Hello everybody, i´m from Germany and I have to give a presentation about Québec and québecois at school. I want to know if this scentence is right: "Ta voiture, c´est tu cassée" Thanks a lot!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Hello everybody, i´m from Germany and I have to give a presentation about Québec and québecois at school. I want to know if this scentence is right: "Ta voiture, c´est tu cassée" Thanks a lot!
Cassee is for something that breaks in two, like glass or a plate. If your out of gas or have a flat it is 'en panne'
The sentence to sould be "T'as voiture ,est-il ......."
Now in Quebecois tho , if your car won't start then.
Ton Christ de char par pas?
All you need is the spell check and accents and probably good to go :D

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

''Ta voiture, c'est tu cassée''

The phrase itself sounds like a question... is it?

If what you are trying to say is ''is your car broken?'', a typical Québecois way of saying it would be:

''Ta voiture est-tu cassée?'' The c' would not be needed.

However, the grammatically correct way to say it would be ''ta voiture est-elle cassée?'' But Quebec slang is what it is. It sounds natural to those speaking it.

Tell me what you are trying to say and I'll tell you how it could be said by a Québecois...