International Merry Christmas Sign

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I thought we will do something different here. Like posting international Merry Christmas sign, in different languages. I know people who speak Hindi, Tamil, Sinhalese, Hungarian, Czech etc., so I will try to post signs in these languages. But feel free to post signs in any languages, the more the merrier.

Here is one in Hindi.

शुभ क्रिसमस (Śubh krisamas)

Try to post the sign written in the other language, not just the English translation.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nollaig Shona! (Sometimes Nollaig Shona Dhuit!) Merry Christmas in Gaeilge. Happy New Year to you = Bliain úr faoi shéan is faoi mhaise duit. :)
Niibaa' anami'egiizhigad! Merry Christmas in Anishinaabemowin. (Happy New Year = Aabita Biboon)

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
ਕਰਿਸਮ ਤੇ ਨਵਾੰ ਸਾਲ ਖੁਸ਼ਿਯਾੰਵਾਲਾ ਹੋਵੇ

(karisama te nawāṃ sāla khušayāṃwālā hewe)

Punjabi

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I thought we will do something different here. Like posting international Merry Christmas sign, in different languages. I know people who speak Hindi, Tamil, Sinhalese, Hungarian, Czech etc., so I will try to post signs in these languages. But feel free to post signs in any languages, the more the merrier.

Here is one in Hindi.

शुभ क्रिसमस (Śubh krisamas)

Try to post the sign written in the other language, not just the English translation.

Just one slight problem here, my keyboard isn't set up to do this.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Just one slight problem here, my keyboard isn't set up to do this.

It requires some resourcefulness, some inventiveness, JLM (FP was able to do it for Japanese). And no, you don’t have to download the fonts.

Sometimes copy and paste works quite well, especially if it is a picture image of the word.

[SIZE=+1]குசால[/SIZE] கிறித்துமசு Nathar Puthu Varuda Valthukkal

Tamil

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It requires some resourcefulness, some inventiveness, JLM (FP was able to do it for Japanese). And no, you don’t have to download the fonts.

Sometimes copy and paste works quite well, especially if it is a picture image of the word.

Tamil

Of course, my brain is only luke warm at this hour. I'll try to wish you Merry Xmas in Chinese here in a minute.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Tamil

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C

Tamil
I suppose most languages are supported but I had to d.load the font before I could use or see any Innuit symbols for my dictionary.

Or if it was copy/pasted as an image it would work.
Otherwise this is all you see. ᖃᕆᑕᐅᔭᒃᑯᑦ ᒥᑭᒡᓕᑕᐅᒋᐊᖅᓯᒪᔪᖅ ᐱᓯᒪᓕᕈᕕᐅᒃ, .

Last edited: