Racism - Come on down & Splain yourself Eh.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

I pose these points for the Racists that frequent this forum - And yes we have a few of those - Just as eating too many little green apples will give you the runs - all forums attract racists - and both are similar - one ( green apples) gives you the runs - the other when confronted publicly Runs - as they say Down Home- Splain yur thinkin to me and others Eh.

What is that drives you to hate? Frustration - Feelings of inferiority - Does it make you feel important to display hatred to another part of Humanity - Tell us - Clearly you think that people who do not hate people because they are Jews, Muslims, Africans - are wrong

You spout lies and when shown that you are wrong - you are slippery like a snake - twisting and turning trying to avoid Fact.

I can understand people that have no time for religion - no time for certain aspects of different cultures - that is generally quite reasonable - But to hate because a person has a religion - to hate because of the color of a person skin - Well that’s disgusting.

What drives a Racist - Hate - Yes - How did you arrive at the conclusion that you are superior to other cultures- Only an idiot thinks that - Science has proven that we all have genetic code from one woman - she is in your genetic code - and please include Y- Chromosome Adam - can't escape either one - we are all related.

Is it the way you were raised - Possibly - but it has been shown that Racists come from all walks of life and a wide variety of levels of education - Is it that you must feel superior to others to make yourself feel important - But to who? And this is a convenient and readily available outlet - Racism is not just a White Mans Game - Everyone is - and - or - has the ability to be racist at times. But what drives you to spend your life hating other peoples.

Tell us why you chose hate over respect for differences -

My opinion only

We often see stats from this or that organization regarding the amount of racism in Canada - One question they should ask is " was the alleged racism from multi generational Canadians or recent immigrants from other cultures.

I ask this as when speaking to immigrants that have worked for me - they ran into more direct racism from other minority ethnic groups that are newer to Canada than multi generational WASP's and other ethnic cultures that have been in Canada for many generations.But I am sure that the question would be politically incorrect - cannot have stats showing that one ethnic group has demonstrated more racist behavior than other ethnic groups - No can't have that now can we -

Racists need hate to survive their own petty lives - The self importance they somehow gain from this is beyond me -

I meet your type on occasion at my work - And I have great pleasure in taking you down - and yes the Managers and all know it full well and back me completely - Yes I enjoy it immensely - Watching as you try to backtrack -how you try to hide from what you stated clearly - Like little creatures trying to find a bolt hole to hide in and you realize how alone and despised you are. Each and every time - you squirmed and scurried at the exposure -

Every time you tried to hide like the cowards you are.

But then again the Forums provide cover for you, now isn’t that correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adamhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

Reactions: Mowich

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC

I pose these points for the Racists that frequent this forum - And yes we have a few of those - Just as eating too many little green apples will give you the runs - all forums attract racists - and both are similar - one ( green apples) gives you the runs - the other when confronted publicly Runs - as they say Down Home- Splain yur thinkin to me and others Eh.

What is that drives you to hate? Frustration - Feelings of inferiority - Does it make you feel important to display hatred to another part of Humanity - Tell us - Clearly you think that people who do not hate people because they are Jews, Muslims, Africans - are wrong

You spout lies and when shown that you are wrong - you are slippery like a snake - twisting and turning trying to avoid Fact.

I can understand people that have no time for religion - no time for certain aspects of different cultures - that is generally quite reasonable - But to hate because a person has a religion - to hate because of the color of a person skin - Well that’s disgusting.

What drives a Racist - Hate - Yes - How did you arrive at the conclusion that you are superior to other cultures- Only an idiot thinks that - Science has proven that we all have genetic code from one woman - she is in your genetic code - and please include Y- Chromosome Adam - can't escape either one - we are all related.

Is it the way you were raised - Possibly - but it has been shown that Racists come from all walks of life and a wide variety of levels of education - Is it that you must feel superior to others to make yourself feel important - But to who? And this is a convenient and readily available outlet - Racism is not just a White Mans Game - Everyone is - and - or - has the ability to be racist at times. But what drives you to spend your life hating other peoples.

Tell us why you chose hate over respect for differences -

My opinion only

We often see stats from this or that organization regarding the amount of racism in Canada - One question they should ask is " was the alleged racism from multi generational Canadians or recent immigrants from other cultures.

I ask this as when speaking to immigrants that have worked for me - they ran into more direct racism from other minority ethnic groups that are newer to Canada than multi generational WASP's and other ethnic cultures that have been in Canada for many generations.But I am sure that the question would be politically incorrect - cannot have stats showing that one ethnic group has demonstrated more racist behavior than other ethnic groups - No can't have that now can we -

Racists need hate to survive their own petty lives - The self importance they somehow gain from this is beyond me -

I meet your type on occasion at my work - And I have great pleasure in taking you down - and yes the Managers and all know it full well and back me completely - Yes I enjoy it immensely - Watching as you try to backtrack -how you try to hide from what you stated clearly - Like little creatures trying to find a bolt hole to hide in and you realize how alone and despised you are. Each and every time - you squirmed and scurried at the exposure -

Every time you tried to hide like the cowards you are.

But then again the Forums provide cover for you, now isn’t that correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y-chromosomal_Adamhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

This is a great subject, Goober. And you introduced quite well.

Racism - if I understand the meaning of it correctly - appears to me to be like a disease. The typical rascist "caught it" somewhere along the way...in other words, something or somebody influenced them to be that way. And, because I generally feel sympathy toward someone who is ill, I tend to first feel sorry for them, and then wonder how they caught it. It seems the longer they have it, the harder it is to shake it.

It could just boil down to the fact that a person who displays symptoms of this disease simply is a "negative thinker"...in other words, anything or anyone that is different is automatically "bad" in their view.

I think I figured it out when I was a kid, but I had some help. At some point in time, I said the word "kraut" to describe Germans and my father overheard this. I had a "trip to the woodshed" over that one. The lesson learned from that was not to think negatively, or act negatively toward others, based on their race. This lesson was imparted to me by a man who spent 4 years overseas, getting shot at by Germans during WWII. As he put it to me at the time, they were "just doing their job." That little trip to the woodshed has stayed with me over a lifetime, and of course I certainly appreciated it a lot more after I "got out into the world."

I'm not saying I'm perfect - and anyone who knows me would agree wholeheartedly with that - but I am saying that I have tried never to make a decision about another person based on their race, color, or anything else that might have set them apart from the crowd.

Bottom line: Butt-heads come in all colors, races, religions, creeds, and cultures, and I must admit, I don't have a lot of time for those folks, no matter how they're "packaged."

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This is a great subject, Goober. And you introduced quite well.

Racism - if I understand the meaning of it correctly - appears to me to be like a disease. The typical rascist "caught it" somewhere along the way...in other words, something or somebody influenced them to be that way. And, because I generally feel sympathy toward someone who is ill, I tend to first feel sorry for them, and then wonder how they caught it. It seems the longer they have it, the harder it is to shake it.

It could just boil down to the fact that a person who displays symptoms of this disease simply is a "negative thinker"...in other words, anything or anyone that is different is automatically "bad" in their view.

I think I figured it out when I was a kid, but I had some help. At some point in time, I said the word "kraut" to describe Germans and my father overheard this. I had a "trip to the woodshed" over that one. The lesson learned from that was not to think negatively, or act negatively toward others, based on their race. This lesson was imparted to me by a man who spent 4 years overseas, getting shot at by Germans during WWII. As he put it to me at the time, they were "just doing their job." That little trip to the woodshed has stayed with me over a lifetime, and of course I certainly appreciated it a lot more after I "got out into the world."

I'm not saying I'm perfect - and anyone who knows me would agree wholeheartedly with that - but I am saying that I have tried never to make a decision about another person based on their race, color, or anything else that might have set them apart from the crowd.

Bottom line: Butt-heads come in all colors, races, religions, creeds, and cultures, and I must admit, I don't have a lot of time for those folks, no matter how they're "packaged."

country boy

Like the handle - it appears to be standing for the basics of what is right and wrong.

As I mentioned it does occur where I work - I do Security - One day a Guard asks a driver for their documents - we check all vehicles leaving the site - I was returning from my morning patrol and she look at me - I have that sort of mean face as my wife says - and the drivers states what does that Paki think I am doing stealing -
I informed her that he was
1- Not a Paki
2- We did not put up with the crap here.

She started to reply and paused and said I guess I better shut up before I get in trouble - I told her yes to shut up as that was a good idea -

I went inside and spoke with the Guard - asked if he had heard what she said - he replied No and I informed him that she called him a Paki - I had to explain to him what the term meant and why it was used.

He is from Somalia - well spoken - quiet and as honest as the day is long - I deal with a large number of drivers and it does not take long for the word to spread -

Point is people in everyday conversation will use those terms and others that disagree say nothing - I am not saying you have to confront the person in front of other, but a word whispered to him privately can have the same effect. And yes it is a disease of the most hateful kind.

Last edited:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Referring to someone as a "paki" is not necessarily racist. No worse then "newfie" in my opinion.

I on the other hand am a full blown racist, I hate white people, it's a complex I have from living in an ultra PC atmosphere. Most whites should despise their race seeing as crackers are the root of all evil.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Referring to someone as a "paki" is not necessarily racist. No worse then "newfie" in my opinion.

I on the other hand am a full blown racist, I hate white people, it's a complex I have from living in an ultra PC atmosphere. Most whites should despise their race seeing as crackers are the root of all evil.

...then switch to chips...

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
With the exception of DurkaDurka I suppose....8O :)lol::lol::lol:)

I'm going to assume that we've all experienced racism personally to a
greater or lessor extent....and that nobody is going to step forward and
state, "I'm a Racist because...."

.....but I'm sure we can all share some stories and perhaps discover some
kind of common denominator to the behavior (or illness) or racism.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
With the exception of DurkaDurka I suppose....8O :)lol::lol::lol:)

I'm going to assume that we've all experienced racism personally to a
greater or lessor extent....and that nobody is going to step forward and
state, "I'm a Racist because...."

.....but I'm sure we can all share some stories and perhaps discover some
kind of common denominator to the behavior (or illness) or racism.

Ron

We have them on the Forum - they use this venue - other forums as well - to hide from the public - But I doubt they have the guts to " Come on down & Splain yourself Eh.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
country boy

Like the handle - it appears to be standing for the basics of what is right and wrong.

As I mentioned it does occur where I work - I do Security - One day a Guard asks a driver for their documents - we check all vehicles leaving the site - I was returning from my morning patrol and she look at me - I have that sort of mean face as my wife says - and the drivers states what does that Paki think I am doing stealing -
I informed her that he was
1- Not a Paki
2- We did not put up with the crap here.

She started to reply and paused and said I guess I better shut up before I get in trouble - I told her yes to shut up as that was a good idea -

I went inside and spoke with the Guard - asked if he had heard what she said - he replied No and I informed him that she called him a Paki - I had to explain to him what the term meant and why it was used.

He is from Somalia - well spoken - quiet and as honest as the day is long - I deal with a large number of drivers and it does not take long for the word to spread -

Point is people in everyday conversation will use those terms and others that disagree say nothing - I am not saying you have to confront the person in front of other, but a word whispered to him privately can have the same effect. And yes it is a disease of the most hateful kind.

You are quite right about people who disagree but say nothing...I've been guilty of that as well. But, as I get older and "crochetier" (?), I find it's becoming easier to "say something."

I was on "the other end of the stick" for about 6 years when I lived in Japan. Most Japanese are quite polite, but they have their share of racists too. That became more apparent as I began to gradually learn the lingo. It was always interesting to be riding a train and listening to a couple of people having a conversation about me as I was sitting there right beside them. It was worth the price of admission to see the looks on their faces when I got up to exit the train, turn around, give them a very polite bow, and - in my very best Japanese - politely thank them for all the comments they made about me during the ride. By doing little stunts like that - which I rather enjoyed - I might have done more for the cause of anti-racism than any counsellor every could.

My job over there took me to quite a few Asian countries on a regular basis, and as I got to know some of the people, we would quite often sit around after-hours (in a bar, naturally) and discuss differences in people and cultures. Some of the conversations wouldn't go over too well in Canada - my good friend, Jimmy Wong from China and I would go back and forth with some good-natured name-calling ... my nickname was "round-eyes" and you can imagine the one I had tagged for him. Same goes for my friend "Billy" Park in South Korea, and the list goes on and on. The thing is, it was our way of having fun and comparing differences at the same time. And it worked quite well. I learned so much about those cultures and I hope they learned a bit about mine (which is about as waspy as you can get!). The end results was I still have many friends in many Asian countries and I treasure those friendships, not because they're Korean or Chinese or Japanese or whatever...it's because they're just good friends. Like butt-heads, good friends come in all colors.

Seeing people for what they really are and enjoying all the positives about them really doesn't take a lot of skill or education...I think an open mind is about all that's required to get the ball rolling. (And, in my case, an ability to keep up with a bunch of Asian guys who liked to drink!)...

I could go on about all the food discoveries I made in Asia when invited to people's homes for a meal, but this would become even more long-winded. But, sampling REAL Korean or Chinese or Thai or Japanese food in someone's home is the real deal. Just another one of the many good reasons to look at all the positives of different cultures. Oink.

And the very best part of that whole experience was the fact that my 2 daughters were age 2 and 4 when we moved over there. They attended an International School and had many close friends from places like Beunos Aries, Shanghai, Frankfurt, New Dehli, Houston, Tx., Brisbane, Australia, and many more places. Plus Japanese friends too. You can imagine that they really don't understand or have time for any type of racism these days (they're in their 20s now) and, unlike me at that age, they have no hesitation whatsoever in verbally slapping a racist around - in a polite manner of course - when they find one acting up. And I think they're pretty good at it because it really p*sses them off!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Your approach is all wrong Goobs. You start out like this is the Steel Cage - confrontational. I just see all these people just rushing in here to get battered. You don't try to understand a problem by being confrontational. Most people who are racist to you don't think they are.

I have a friend who is a red head, as white as the driven snow. Her son's father is aboriginal. She went to visit him one day and he was hanging out with a bunch of white supremists and was spouting their insufferable rhetoric. She quietly reminded him that he was half native and hew ran away in horror. Sometimes racism is environmental - parents, peers. It suggests lack of critical thought.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You are quite right about people who disagree but say nothing...I've been guilty of that as well. But, as I get older and "crochetier" (?), I find it's becoming easier to "say something."

I was on "the other end of the stick" for about 6 years when I lived in Japan. Most Japanese are quite polite, but they have their share of racists too. That became more apparent as I began to gradually learn the lingo. It was always interesting to be riding a train and listening to a couple of people having a conversation about me as I was sitting there right beside them. It was worth the price of admission to see the looks on their faces when I got up to exit the train, turn around, give them a very polite bow, and - in my very best Japanese - politely thank them for all the comments they made about me during the ride. By doing little stunts like that - which I rather enjoyed - I might have done more for the cause of anti-racism than any counsellor every could.

My job over there took me to quite a few Asian countries on a regular basis, and as I got to know some of the people, we would quite often sit around after-hours (in a bar, naturally) and discuss differences in people and cultures. Some of the conversations wouldn't go over too well in Canada - my good friend, Jimmy Wong from China and I would go back and forth with some good-natured name-calling ... my nickname was "round-eyes" and you can imagine the one I had tagged for him. Same goes for my friend "Billy" Park in South Korea, and the list goes on and on. The thing is, it was our way of having fun and comparing differences at the same time. And it worked quite well. I learned so much about those cultures and I hope they learned a bit about mine (which is about as waspy as you can get!). The end results was I still have many friends in many Asian countries and I treasure those friendships, not because they're Korean or Chinese or Japanese or whatever...it's because they're just good friends. Like butt-heads, good friends come in all colors.

Seeing people for what they really are and enjoying all the positives about them really doesn't take a lot of skill or education...I think an open mind is about all that's required to get the ball rolling. (And, in my case, an ability to keep up with a bunch of Asian guys who liked to drink!)...

I could go on about all the food discoveries I made in Asia when invited to people's homes for a meal, but this would become even more long-winded. But, sampling REAL Korean or Chinese or Thai or Japanese food in someone's home is the real deal. Just another one of the many good reasons to look at all the positives of different cultures. Oink.

And the very best part of that whole experience was the fact that my 2 daughters were age 2 and 4 when we moved over there. They attended an International School and had many close friends from places like Beunos Aries, Shanghai, Frankfurt, New Dehli, Houston, Tx., Brisbane, Australia, and many more places. Plus Japanese friends too. You can imagine that they really don't understand or have time for any type of racism these days (they're in their 20s now) and, unlike me at that age, they have no hesitation whatsoever in verbally slapping a racist around - in a polite manner of course - when they find one acting up. And I think they're pretty good at it because it really p*sses them off!

country boy

The Japanese are a very insular society - little immigration from what I understand - and memories are quite long and fixed in Asia - Just my opinion - I like your train ride escapades - nothing like looking someone in the eyes and letting them know you understood everything that was said - It happened on occasion while I was stationed in Germany

Yes racists come in all colors and a wide variety of educational levels - My step daughter when she was much younger made a comment once about gays - not a real bad one mind you but one that caught my early warning system - catch things early is the way I usually work, less problems that way - I had to sit her down and do as I say "some splainin" - she did not realize that when she said it and the way it was stated was hurtful to others - just the slang from school that she picked up - I explained to her that we are all the same yet we are all different - she is a quick learner and does not put up with any crap like that at all

As I mentioned to another poster I admire a strong women - which is how she turned out - resilient as another poster mentioned - so I would agree on that quality as well.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I've experienced racism (& yes....I'm whitish) as in a previous occupation that
I was in for the better part of two decades, I was what is called a "Second
Party Collector" ( = Repoman) and have been in and out of many situations
that would sound like fiction. I've been on 68 different Reservations and many
of those on a very regular basis.

I can only speak about a dozen words in Cree (& none in Dene), but at one
point I could half-arsed follow the conversation in Cree. I'd be beyond rusty
now...but that was then. I rarely let on that I could (more or less) follow what
was being said unless there was a tactical (occupational) advantage to it.

My Son is Many shades darker than myself and has his Mothers very prominent
Cheek structure. If we go into a store and don't stick together, the store detectives
follow him like they're attached to him by a leash. Luckily my Son has grown into
a Man of 6'5" & about 290lbs so he doesn't suffer verbal abuse from any but the
felony-stupid crowd.....but I can see it there as an undercurrent....

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was in Nelson one time, sitting on one of their sidewalk benches when a half dozen, over six foot, white supremists started talking near by rather loudly. They were spouting the usual racist remarks when I couldn't stand it any more. I walked up to them and pointed out that the pure Arian race lived in Pakistan and were as black as the ace of spades. I told them to shut up and get an education. Not sure why they didn't beat the crap out of me.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I was in Nelson one time, sitting on one of their sidewalk benches when a half dozen, over six foot, white supremists started talking near by rather loudly. They were spouting the usual racist remarks when I couldn't stand it any more. I walked up to them and pointed out that the pure Arian race lived in Pakistan and were as black as the ace of spades. I told them to shut up and get an education. Not sure why they didn't beat the crap out of me.
You are one crazy or brave SOB - I know I have the rebel and the hellion in me - from my father - Apperars you do as well. Those Aryan Nation asses can be a scary bunch - You were very lucky - Some spirit was looking after you.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Goober;1185732[FONT=Georgia said:
Those Aryan Nation asses can be a scary bunch - You were very lucky - Some spirit was looking after you. [/FONT]

More often then not, they are pussies who hide in numbers and when they are confronted individually, they're cowards. I recall laying the boots to a couple skinheads back in the day after they referred to a friend of mine with the usual black, racial slurs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Making Changes!

Holy Bat Guano! Cliffy. You must have mucho grande cojones! Bravo! :lol::lol::lol:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
You are one crazy or brave SOB - I know I have the rebel and the hellion in me - from my father - Apperars you do as well. Those Aryan Nation asses can be a scary bunch - You were very lucky - Some spirit was looking after you.

I second that thought about the spirit, Goob. :angel5::angel5::angel5:

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario

I assure you Durka, ‘Paki’ is very much a derogatory, insulting term, on par with ‘nigg*r’. The term originated in Britain, and is short for ‘Pakistani’. But ‘paki’ is used to denote, to insult all the non whites, not just Pakistanis.

It was National Front and other far right, neo Nazi groups who started referring to non white immigrants as Pakis. You can be sure that they didn’t have any love in their heart towards the immigrants when they referred to them as ‘Paki’.

You will see the term ‘newfie’ used in polite company, serious conversation. The term ‘Paki’, never, it is a term of insult and opprobrium, pure and simple.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
There is one part of my childhood which I do not look back upon with fondness. It brings back memories of the racist language that was used in our household. Kraut was commonplace especially as I was born shortly after the end of WW2 and memories were still pretty fresh.

We would get our weekly treats from the 'Chinaman'. Ukrainians were 'Polacks'. I guess I should count myself lucky that I lived on a farm in Saskatchewan, or I might have learned every racial term in the book.

What I did learn took me years of education, understanding and the broadening of my spirit to overcome.

Hatred, racism, intolerance, bigotry and the like are too often learned at the knees of our parents and left unchecked, are passed down from generation to generation.
That is why it is crucial that tolerance, acceptance and understanding be taught to children in school.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I assure you Durka, ‘Paki’ is very much a derogatory, insulting term, on par with ‘nigg*r’. The term originated in Britain, and is short for ‘Pakistani’. But ‘paki’ is used to denote, to insult all the non whites, not just Pakistanis.

It was National Front and other far right, neo Nazi groups who started referring to non white immigrants as Pakis. You can be sure that they didn’t have any love in their heart towards the immigrants when they referred to them as ‘Paki’.

You will see the term ‘newfie’ used in polite company, serious conversation. The term ‘Paki’, never, it is a term of insult and opprobrium, pure and simple.

interesting, I stand corrected then.