Racism - Come on down & Splain yourself Eh.

BaalsTears
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnnnyView Post

Because the white man cant escape what his race has done

Tell me about it. My wife hates white people. She lets me have it every day.

PoliticalNick

Don't know about you but the only 2 races I am part of are the Human Race and the Rat Race.

Trotz
My dog bleed reds too, so I am part of the Earthian Race!

Durry

Oh, you think white man has not done enough ???

Ummm, what other race has done more ??

Johnnny
Hey im not a non-white non-European Racist Hardliner. Im just saying thats the mentality they have

Unforgiven

Bah I never did any of that ****. The blame game is an old and tired one. Thinking that it justifies bigotry is just a crutch. Some people are *******s so feel free to point them out when they run their mouth, but don't join the ranks to try and get even. There is no even steven in this case. Only more pain and regret.

There isn't a single person that can't be blamed for some terrible thing in the past. What men have done to women and what women have done to men pretty much covers it all so make nice and avoid the trap of meeting ignorance with anger.

MADMOE
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I've experienced racism (& yes....I'm whitish) as in a previous occupation that
I was in for the better part of two decades, I was what is called a "Second
Party Collector" ( = Repoman) and have been in and out of many situations
that would sound like fiction. I've been on 68 different Reservations and many
of those on a very regular basis.

I can only speak about a dozen words in Cree (& none in Dene), but at one
point I could half-arsed follow the conversation in Cree. I'd be beyond rusty
now...but that was then. I rarely let on that I could (more or less) follow what
was being said unless there was a tactical (occupational) advantage to it.

My Son is Many shades darker than myself and has his Mothers very prominent
Cheek structure. If we go into a store and don't stick together, the store detectives
follow him like they're attached to him by a leash. Luckily my Son has grown into
a Man of 6'5" & about 290lbs so he doesn't suffer verbal abuse from any but the
felony-stupid crowd.....but I can see it there as an undercurrent....

They didn't beat you because the truth is thats what you wanted to do,not what you did do!

Moe

damngrumpy
I believe people in a vacuum can clearly state they are not
racist and be truthful, if the person knows who they are on
the inside. People who know who they are can determine
to be anything they want, but if they truly know who they are
and are grounded they are not good candidates to be racist.
In our family. I have an adopted daughter who is Native, and
three grand daughters. I have a son married to a Jewish girl
and another who is married to a German girl.
I have cousins who are black, Italians, Hispanic, one Japanese
and so on. I find people are pretty much the same, sure they
have different cultural practices, and they don't all see the world
they way I do but people are people.
I don't see race, religion, nationality or colour, I see family and
I see that in the family circle of man as well.
Race has no place in my world.
well

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

More often then not, they are pussies who hide in numbers and when they are confronted individually, they're cowards. I recall laying the boots to a couple skinheads back in the day after they referred to a friend of mine with the usual black, racial slurs.

Jesus Durka that was you. Those bloody boots hurt yuh know.

Praxius
+1

As if the white race is the only race that has committed atrocities.

How about all those people running around in Africa raping women & children and/or hacking people with machetes because they're not Hutu or Tutsi?

How about what's going on in Syria right now?

Iran?

China?

North Korea?

Japan?

a large group of people in all races have done something horrible at some time or another..... should everybody who comes from those races be forced to carry the burden & responsibility for the actions of others of their race, even if it was centuries ago?

No, because that's stupid and solves nothing..... all it does is create and/or continue more hatred & division.

I have not committed any racist acts upon anybody through my life, nor have I kept anybody out of an opportunity based on their race, cultural or religious beliefs....... and I'll be damned if I'll accept someone tossing what others of my race have done in the past onto me as if I'm somehow guilty.

To those people, they can kiss my white ***.

Speaking of white ***...... what "White Man" are you speaking of?

Albino?

Spanish?

British?

Celtic?

Russian?

French?

There's many different types of "White People" with various racial traits depending on where they come from, much like many Asians & Africans...... should all the red-haired, freckled-faced celtic people be blamed for the actions of the blond-haired Germans of WWII?

Should all the white people in British-Canada & other nations who helped in the Underground Railroad be blamed for what happened to african slaves in the US?

That's the problem with pinning racism on an entire race..... it's inaccurate, it places the blame on everybody who looks like they belong to that race and implies that everybody from that "Race" are guilty of the past actions of those in that same race..... even if they were born halfway around the world and years after the incident in question occurred.

And due to the amount of interracial relationships that occur every single day around the world for the last god knows how long, it's pretty difficult to find anybody these days who are a pure blood of their race...... except perhaps in small, remote tribes in obscure parts of the world most of modern mankind has not visited or touched.

Take me for example..... I'm a white Canadian, living in Australia..... but my heritage is that of Irish, Scottish, Native American from the US, and if I wish to track back way long ago, before Rome was even Founded...... Spanish. My Irish roots/clan name is recorded as being one of the original founding clans of Ireland.... which originally came from Spain..... which dates well beyond 800 B.C.

^ In other words.... I'm not pure anything.... nor is anybody else.

If you want to target a racist action onto someone, target it to those who are responsible for that action.

Retired_Can_Soldier
When I was kid I wasn't particular about my friends. Brown, white, asian, european, aboriginal. I remember racism, even got in a few scrapes over it, but the people who annoy me more than any Klu Klux Klan or Skinhead are the anxious hand wringing white people who think they know how the poor oppressed other people must feel and start preaching how we should be more sensitive.

Those are the real racists.

YukonJack
And here, I thought we were a post-racist society!

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

Didn't your mom ever warn you to stay away from the WASP nest?

Praxius

Yup, we are.... can't ya tell? <- Insert purple colour here.

YukonJack
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Didn't your mom ever warn you to stay away from the WASP nest?

Are you trying to threaten me about the fact that I am not Anglo Saxon Protestant??

Sorry for being a Catholic.

Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Yup, we are.... can't ya tell? <- Insert purple colour here.

What in the name of Hell do you mean??

Is it too much to ask that respondents to this Forum use ENGLISH as primary language?

I learned it as an immigrant. Shouldn't born Canadians make an effort to do the same?

Unforgiven
+1

Sorry for being a Catholic.

Ah Catholic guilt. lol

That's what got the Pope elected you know.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

When I was kid I wasn't particular about my friends. Brown, white, asian, european, aboriginal. I remember racism, even got in a few scrapes over it, but the people who annoy me more than any Klu Klux Klan or Skinhead are the anxious hand wringing white people who think they know how the poor oppressed other people must feel and start preaching how we should be more sensitive.

Those are the real racists.

It is so funny you say that. The other day I was listening to a radio program on NPR. In a predominantly Latino neighborhood in Boston, a "Whole Foods" supermarket is being built. Whole Foods is a organic, healthy, earthy crunchy food store. It is replacing a Hi-Lo supermarket that caters to Latinos. What is going on is that increasingly earthy crunchy white folks are moving into this neighborhood and the demand for "organic" earthy crunchy stuff supercedes the Hi-Lo Mart. Whole Foods is somewhat expensive as well.

So Latinos and Liberal Activist are battling the Earthy Crunchy Liberal Activists. During a speech a Latino Neighborhood leader got up to speak and although he wanted to know what Whole Foods was going to do about Latino Displacement in the neighborhood. He then surprised everyone in attendence by pointing out the white liberal activists who have been nothing but condesending to the Latino's they say they are trying to help. He was tired of these rich white kids coming into his neighborhood and telling the media that poor Latino's cannot fight for themselves and it is up to them to fight for them and be "THEIR" voice.

I loved it! Finally the truth has been spoken.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

What's up with all the crazy fonts and colors that seem to be automatically inserting in everyones posts?

It must be your computer. Everything is normal on mine. Maybe your computer is sensitive to xenophobia.

Ariadne
Isn't racism another way of describing someone else's paranoia about being different? Everyone today has a minority group that they can join. Isn't every minority group disparaged in one way or another at some time or another? That would make everyone a "racist" in some form at some time. I bet everyone can find some sort of victim group they could potentially belong to ... lost a loved one, lost a big toe, darker skin, slower thyroid, has their wires crossed ... it's not just about race but about differences (culture, religion, politics), and it's really more or less normal society - isn't it? For example, if the school board was looking at doubling or tripling school bus fees, and cutting 200 or so teaching positions, but at the same time opening a new Arabic language school, I'd be scratching my head about who to hold responsible. If I object to the Arabic language school, does that make me a racist, or merely someone that does not want to see new programs created when current programs cannot be sustained.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by MADMOEView Post

[/FONT]

They didn't beat you because the truth is thats what you wanted to do,not what you did do!

Moe

Huh? I don't follow you....(?)

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by BaalsTearsView Post

Tell me about it. My wife hates white people. She lets me have it every day.

Being white, you're lucky you get it at all.

When I was a wee lad me elders (the ones you are supposed to look up to, learn from, and respect), were all down on "DP's". (1950's.....just post war) Displaced persons, case you didn't know..............Anyways these DP's (Italians, Dutch, Ukrainians, Polish, etc.) were "ruining" the country and "taking all the jobs" we Canadians wouldn't do..................{wtf is that}

I looked around, and EVERYONE I knew HAD A FUKKIN JOB.!!!

These days it's the East Indians we're supposed to hate.

No doubt the Martians will be next, should they have the misfortune to land.

We wanna grow up..................sooner the better.