Canada's Forgotten Youth

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Say, I hope some members would have some good advise here.

My buddies and I went to Number 5 Orange in Vancouver, after that we went to a bar called the Savoy on Hastings (cheaper beer).

There was this girl dancing very provocative. She was with a bunch of gang members.

My buddies and I got up to leave and get something to eat, rather than have a problem. However, the bar tender tossed the girl out saying she was under age (15 years old) and not to bring her back. Well, she wasnt with us to begin with, but seemed to think she was.

We cross the street and had some Pizza. Later that girl cam over crying saying she was being forced to stay with the gang members, and if she left they threatened to kill her parents. I think she was high, at least that what my friends said.

I was going to call the cops, but they told me that they could not do anything, anyhow. Now I feel really guilty that I didn't..

I went to the Covenant House to see if they could send someone to pick her up, but they said "no can do" and because she is doing drugs she would not be allowed to stay there anyhow. They provided a number of a place where she could get help. But only if she wanted it...

I did go online and search Google for "Vancouver Missing Teens" and found this link....

http://video.vancouver.24hrs.ca/archive ... 6943008001

She does look like the Odjick girl.

Maybe I over reacted, but I notified the police of an underage youth, possibly being forced into protitution who looks like Odkick, but was told it was not her.

So my question is, what can, if anything, be done to help under age teens in Canada?? ...and this young girl??

Why is there no laws in place to protect "children" from being exploited by preditors, drug dealer, pimps in Canada...

Why are the Vancouver Police so dam apathetic and uncaring?? The officer that called me twice bacically cut me off when I tried to explain what this girl said and looked like.

I spoke to a Police officer on Hastings, he said; "so you want to help this one girl, what about the other 100 or so?"

44 years old, can't have children of my own, but if that was my daughter, that would be one dead pimp. :angryfire:

Case No. VA09168332

I guess what it comes down to, if a saw a dog being kicked and beaten I could call the Animal Shelter and the dog would be picked up and cared for...

But when it comes to Canada's youth, the dog gets better treatment. Oh Canada!!

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Try the RCMP? If they aren't helpful, I'd contact BCTV and explain to them what happened.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah. Do nothing to help anyone out. Be a New Yorker or better yet, be an ostrich.:roll:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
If i sounded harsh, sorry but if i was persuing the issue i would be doing so in a more discrete manner..... You can ask your entire group of buddies the same question you asked here you will get the same answers....

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Are you serious if i saw the incident and ip checked him, what then if im a crazy gang banger?

If i was involved it wouldnt go to the net...

Have you ever IP checked anyone? I do it regularily. There's less info available to
you than you might think. I IP Check Spammers daily to check for multiple
Identities on the Forum. I can find out who your server is, & the city you're in,
and that's about it....

Law Enforcement through a Service provider can go farther, but the average
Ron can't.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
whatever thats were i stand on the topic, the internet should be the last resort because there are enough caring people out there to organize
I have a numerous IP addresses. It is exactly as Ron states for one thing and for another, it often only gives a major city close to where you live. It doesn't always state the exact town you live in. Hard to find anyone via a lone IP address. For all you know he could be using a library computer or a computer cafe.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Law Enforcement through a Service provider can go farther, but the average
Ron can't.

I don't think the average Tom, Dick or Harry can either!!!!! lol

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
between me and annaG the fella b00mer got next to **** all for advice.... Obviously coming on the internet was good for nothing..... The whole thing to me is suspect, and for good reason... If there were buddies with him i garuntee 11000000000000000000000000000000000000% a couple of them already gave the same advice to him as he got here.

And dont think the UN, independents and angels are basic gangs... There smarter then your average compton gangsta

And dont say im not a caring person if i was involed i wouldnt come on the internet and get you involved.

There are alot of community based organizations in any locality that will take notice if provided more evidence. Go to them, it doesnt take a 44 year old to figure that out.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
We cross the street and had some Pizza. Later that girl cam over crying saying she was being forced to stay with the gang members, and if she left they threatened to kill her parents. I think she was high, at least that what my friends said.

And if the chick came up to him and his buddies and told them her situation, wouldnt her parents already be dead?

How many other people have been in this situation, how does he know he wasnt followed. If i were the gangbangers id be watching my slave girl like a hawk and remebering everyones face she runs off the talk too. Cause i know as an evil person she is going to try and rat me out.

Exercise some caution when you go out into the deep end.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Well Johnny, yeah my buddies said the same thing. She is a scammer, stay clear.

Nevertheless, wen't down alone the next day to give her a number of a place to seek shelter and yes the fella's she was with remembered me.. big deal.

Drove taxi for 2 years in Los Angeles and delt with these wanna be gang bangers on more than one occassion.

I don't and won't turn my back on anyone who asks for help.

Further, if someone threatened my family or myself with a gun or tired to take a shot.. they had better not miss.. because I won't... 2 years in LA and 12 in Texas, you don't leave that behind you...