Canadas reputation .

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
To build a reputation Canada lost 120 soldiers fighting for a better world,in Afghanistan.Meanwhile RCMP is ruining our good name.The world is watching the Dziekanski case .
Eliminate the RCMP.......Change the Guard !

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
To build a reputation Canada lost 120 soldiers fighting for a better world,in Afghanistan.Meanwhile RCMP is ruining our good name.The world is watching the Dziekanski case .
Restore the high standards!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Perhaps the top echelon of the RCMP should not have a police background? Or maybe they need to look at their hiring standards. Not sure what but something has to change.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Another of Canada's reputations is the wheels of justice move slow. Remind me never to invite you fishing....

Likewise .

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Canada's reputation is intact, when people come to Canada they'll think twice before they try to throw a chair at the police.

In Poland if this guy tried to thow a chair at the police they would have shot him dead.

Seems like you don't like to take orders from the police.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

It's a tough one- the R.C.M.P. is comprised of humans and some are good and a few are bad- the only solution I can see is having them monitored by an independent body. I think the R.C.M.P. by and large are good but unfortunately a guy like Monty Robinson (involved in the airport tasering and later charged with DUI in a fatal accident involving a motorcyclist) can do a lot of damage and as far as I know is still a paid member of the force almost two years later. I guess finding enough decent people qualified to handle more and more crime is getting to be more of a problem.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Canada's reputation is intact, when people come to Canada they'll think twice before they try to throw a chair at the police.

In Poland if this guy tried to thow a chair at the police they would have shot him dead.

Seems like you don't like to take orders from the police.

This is the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted, in a long long list of ridiculous posts.

The RCMP repeatedly assaulted the guy with a weapon, then prevented him from getting proper first aid, then lied about it.

That is manslaughter, pure and simple.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Restore the high standards!

I fully agree.

First, stop gender and racially based preferencial hiring........hire on MERIT ONLY!

Second, change the training regimen that puts such emphasis on personal safety......the line now is "the only thing that counts is that you go home at the end of your shift".....and that is WRONG!

Third, put a new training emphasis on Service.......

Fourth, make it easier to have officers with troubles removed from the force....or put in jobs without public contact.

Fifth....severely restrict the use of tasers.....classify them as lethal force.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This is the most ridiculous thing you have ever posted, in a long long list of ridiculous posts.

The RCMP repeatedly assaulted the guy with a weapon, then prevented him from getting proper first aid, then lied about it.

That is manslaughter, pure and simple.

Absolutely, at the very least, if not murder - when I read his post I just took it to be a little sarcasm, just to keep things on the light side.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The RCMP repeatedly assaulted the guy with a weapon

When the guy fell they stopped shooting because the guy was pumped up on something.

Look at the shooting in Barrie Ontario. Two rookie police officers approached a man who started to stab the police with a knife one of the police officers drew his gun and went after the man and it took six shots to drop the man who died shortly.

The police were doing their job and the RCMP was within their legal rights to do it.

Like I said the people that come to Canada will give more respect to the police.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
classify tasers as lethal force.

Use the gun instead lethal force is that.

Go to any other country and they shoot first.

According to the video the RCMP ttried to negotiate with him but he was using a chair as a weapon.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
When the guy fell they stopped shooting because the guy was pumped up on something.

Look at the shooting in Barrie Ontario. Two rookie police officers approached a man who started to stab the police with a knife one of the police officers drew his gun and went after the man and it took six shots to drop the man who died shortly.

The police were doing their job and the RCMP was within their legal rights to do it.

Like I said the people that come to Canada will give more respect to the police.

The Barrie Ontario shooting was fully justified (it seems) the guy attacked and wounded the officers with a knife.

The Polish guy had a stapler, and attacked NO ONE!

A stapler. Attacked no one.

Gimme a break.

As well, they refused to allow First Responders to properly treat the guy.

Manslaughter....pure and simple.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Use the gun instead lethal force is that.

Go to any other country and they shoot first.

According to the video the RCMP ttried to negotiate with him but he was using a chair as a weapon.

Use the Taser ONLY when use of the firearm would be acceptable.

"When you or another person is in immediate danger of death or greivous bodily harm" is the rule.

I used to teach this stuff to armed guys.

BTW, the "other countries shoot first" line is complete horsepucky.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
fully justified (it seems) the guy attacked and wounded the officers with a knife.

So you are saying that police should use lethal force after they are attacked that is ridiculous.

The police are required to tell the person drop your weapon and if they don'e and try to attack the police they are within their legal fight to defend themselves using leathal force.

A stapler so now your saying that an attack of a stapler where an officer might lose an eye that's ok.

Up until now Tasers were considered a non-leathal weapon that was at the descretion of the police.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Negotiate? HE DIDN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE AT THE GODDAM AIRPORT KNEW THAT.

I know you like to be an aplogist for stupidity, but really, get a grip on yourself.

The RCMP wasted no time in thinking about the situation, or trying to defuse it. They pulled out their Tazers and killed the guy. Plain and simple.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
A stapler so now your saying that an attack of a stapler where an officer might lose an eye that's ok.

Do you know how far an office stapler will shoot a staple? About 2 inches.
You'd have to be pretty close to lose an eye from a stapler.

Why don't you go back to your gay-bashing threads, that seems to be something you're qualified to talk about. You're over your head in here.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
When Canada signed up with NATO, it was for keeps. You attack any of our allies, you attack us. When our allies go to war, we go to war.

Canada's reputation is not in jeopardy. Canada fullfilled her obligation to an international treaty.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Do you know how far an office stapler will shoot a staple? About 2 inches.
You'd have to be pretty close to lose an eye from a stapler.

Why don't you go back to your gay-bashing threads, that seems to be something you're qualified to talk about. You're over your head in here.

Never did hear if the stapler was loaded..........:lol::lol::lol: