Silver medal in world curling

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I watched the last rock thrown today in the last game played between Canada and Scotland. I'm sure you all know that Scotland won. Canada, I am proud to say, came "home" with the Silver Medal! I was proud and happy of the fact that they are second in the world. What saddened me though and kind of embarrassed me at the same time was one simple thing. Instead of being proud to win the Silver Medal, they all walked out on the ice to receive their medals wearing faces like pouty little 5 yr. old boys. They came in second in the world curling championships and they pouted. They had every reason to hold their heads high and be proud. They had every reason to be happy. So they didn't take the Gold. I would have been so much more proud had they just smiled, accepted the defeat of "coming in 2nd" and walked out with smiles on their faces. They looked like poor losers instead of the winners they are.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Nobody is ever happy losing a gold medal game. Their competitive spirit is what got them there in the first place. If they were the type of people that were content with second, they never would have even been Canadian champions.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nobody is ever happy losing a gold medal game. Their competitive spirit is what got them there in the first place. If they were the type of people that were content with second, they never would have even been Canadian champions.
Of course they were not happy about losing gold. They could have put on a "better face" regardless.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Martin was an idiot. He threw away a rock that could have been used as a guard. I don't know what he was thinking, but it was a stupid decision. Even the rest of the team didn't agree with his decision. I would be willing to bet the team breaks up. After a streak of wins, Martin couldn't beat the team he had to. He lost 3 times to Scotland. He was to cocky, arrogant, a failure.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Of course they were not happy about losing gold. They could have put on a "better face" regardless.

Completely agree IP. I'll bet few here know that Canada also won the silver in women's hockey. We can't win the gold every year but our record is very respectable.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
How about the fellow who threw down his silver medal(or was it bronze?) in "protest" of the refereeing in the last Olympics? He tried to get it back at a later date, and the IOC said it was already given to the next person in line since he obviously didn't want it.

Different circumstances obviously, but an Olympic medal is a hard thing to get! I would be happy to get one regardless of the make of it. He should have protested after the fact, and perhaps it could have changed to his favour.