Canadian Train Cleaning Snow...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Nanaimo has a plow like that. When we have snow it goes by and leaves a 4 or 5 foot ridge of snow across the end of our driveway. Most of the time, if it wasn't for the plow, I wouldn't have to shovel snow at all....;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
No, Wayne.... It doesn't. A six-inch layer of ice pack would stop a highway plow dead. The Russel? If the pusher crew is at speed, it's best to be a hundred feet from trackside.... But ... yeah ... they'll both fill in a driveway entrance with some large clunkers....

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When I lived by the highway....the snow plow would go by at about 45 mph....at that speed there is barely an inch maybe two...spread over 20-30 ft.....
In town the snow bank left by the plow may be only three ft wide but much much higher....also maybe because they don't clean as often.....

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
3ft wide???? I wish!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Not even close to being similar.

My initial post on this topic was a bit tongue in cheek in that the snowfalls we've been getting in Nanaimo have been much heavier than we've been used to. For a while it seemed like I would just get the driveway cleared and along would come the damn snowplow and give me another hour's work. I don't want to argue about bloody snowplows. The train plow might be better than what we have because it might spread it over a bigger area-------Of course it might also take the windows out of my house...;-):smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nanaimo has a plow like that. When we have snow it goes by and leaves a 4 or 5 foot ridge of snow across the end of our driveway. Most of the time, if it wasn't for the plow, I wouldn't have to shovel snow at all....;-)
You have a train that goes by your house and leaves snow at the end of your driveway????? :lol::p The train goes by my house too but it's on the other side of the parkway and I've never seen it push any snow yet. I did pass a big truck like that on the old highway the other day and I thought it was going to wipe me right off the road it was going so fast and throwing slush more than snow.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The picture above was taken March 3rd, and though the grader tailings are now
smaller and dirtier, they're now about 3ft tall...The picture above is the only one I
had on this computer to make my point with. :lol: