Best city to emigrate

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hello All

I am planing to go living to canada in 2009-2010.

I am a computer science engineer with lots of Microsoft .Net certifications.

I want a city where I can get easily a job in what I already know.
I want a city where the traffic is good, In Medellin I go from home to work in 30 minutes maximum
I want a city where I can breath naturally and there is no much contamination.
And As My Wife and me Like electronic music(house,techno,trance), I want a city with plenty of places go out party

What do you recommend me?

Thanks

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
A. Montreal

B. Vancouver

C. Halifax

D. Winnipeg

E. Edmonton

I hope this helps you.
Sincere Regards,
scratch

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
it all depends on where you compare the prices. Vancouver is fairly expensive for canada, but compare it to London and it's cheap as anything.

Any large city, particularly those out west are likely to get you a job and generally living conditions are very good in canada. I emigrated from the UK two years ago and i love it here

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
interesting suggestion DD. it's a small city... perhaps a limited number of jobs and there are issues up there too... places you don't go at night... that kind of thing...

Jobs are pretty well paying there, depending on your skill set. I have only stopped there briefly, seemed nice enough though besides the cold.

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
How much money can I spend on vancouver monthly, As I will emigrate, I will have to rent a furnished apartment, I have searched on some website and I guess I will have to spend maximum 1500.

I dont know about transportation, food, health, etc.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
If you are looking for a job in the IT/Computer Science sector, look at: Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver.

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
According to my skill, I can earn 60K monthly, will it be enough, I also want to buy a house, not living in a rented house forever!

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver.

Nice, thanks, I suppose I have to investigate about cost of living in those cities, and then search for jobs in those cities, to know which to choose!

Thanks

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
According to my skill, I can earn 60K monthly, will it be enough, I also want to buy a house, not living in a rented house forever!

Wages will vary depending on the area you move, your qualification and whether your particular skill is in demand.

60k seems a tad excessive though. 6 thousand perhaps, before tax.

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
I meant 60K yearly.

Thats 5000 monthly, How much money the company or goverment will discount me monthly from those 5000?

Will it be good enough for living good?

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
Wow, Thats a lot, but if I pay that much, I guess I will have a lot of benefits?

Free education for my children when I have them? full health insurance for me and my wife? what else?, university education?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Schooling is paid for by property taxes if you own a house. Health Insurance is covered, University is not free. I would check the requirements for health insurance though as I am unsure if that is something you get automatically when you move here.