What is your favorite season and why?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Between winter, spring, summer or fall, what is the best to you and why.

Me:

Autumn is best cuz I love that smell when your out for a evening walk, and someone's got the fireplace going.
It weather is reasonably good. I like moderate temp, thunderstorms, wind, that's kewl
It's an excellent time to go fishing.
Hockey season starts.
It's still a good season to go hiking.
Gets darker earlier, nite time is play time
There's something about the electricity in the air during autumn. I feel more energetic. Like I should be cutting firewood and getting ready for winter...stupid sh!t like that.

You?:smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I like spring. The world comes back to life, the temperatures are reasonable and there is still the summer to look forward to.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I love the fall, got married sept, because I love the fall, the end of
summer is a welcome time, tired of the heat, the hair is all dried out,
the fall is beautiful, brings new energy, I think of cleaning up the garden,
sewing, re arranging the house, painting, I don't keep the house as clean
during the summer, as we are out so much, so I look forward to the fall clean
up indoors and out. I love to walk, but don't walk as much in the heat, but
the fall is so fresh and perfect for long walks.
I love to golf, and the fall is perfect, as the course is quieter, the wimps who
don't like a few drops of rain or a breeze, don't show up anymore, more room
for us.
Yeah, and 'hockey season', don't know what I would do without it, most of
the TV shows are so stupid, have no patience for them.
Get the kids off the street and back in the school room where they belong.;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Fall. Yup. Cuz.

Used to be because I liked grouse hunting, had a pointer, and did a lot of it.

Now, I just like the weather, the walk, and the memories.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I love the fall weather, but I always get a damned cold every year, and it's usually around my birthday too...it's a tossup between summer and fall I guess.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I like Spring the most because the winters just seem to be getting worse every year,but there's plenty to like with this time of year,too..trees changing colour,nights just cool enough to get some sleep:smile:

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Just to reiterate, autumn is the best of the four seasons for several reasons. Long and spectacular sunsets, warm temperature, beautiful colours, first frost, cool morning air, wicked thunder storms and hockey season starts.

Yes. Autumn is by far the best of the four seasons. It's a fact that cannot be debated. :)

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I really like Autumn, but I am becoming a Spring sort of person. While Spring has the sloppy wake up and the colours of the trees only offers a promise of things to come, the dust cover comes off the car, new oil, plugs points condenser. First shine of the year, beer outside and once again, the BBQ comes alive!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Spring, because it is the beginning of golf season and there is always the belief that this year, I will finally become a scratch golfer.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
While I don't mind Autumn, I really like Spring. The weather turns nicer, the trees start budding, and the ****ing crows FINALLY leave!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
While I don't mind Autumn, I really like Spring. The weather turns nicer, the trees start budding, and the ****ing crows FINALLY leave!
Not in our town. Those buggers breed in our park. They are even more obnoxious in summer. We have this arrangement here between crows and ravens. The ravens nest out of town and crows in town and never the twain shall meet. If a raven makes the mistake of crossing the line a whole flock of crows will hunt it down and run it off or kill it. I have never encountered such a divide before.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Not in our town. Those buggers breed in our park. They are even more obnoxious in summer. We have this arrangement here between crows and ravens. The ravens nest out of town and crows in town and never the twain shall meet. If a raven makes the mistake of crossing the line a whole flock of crows will hunt it down and run it off or kill it. I have never encountered such a divide before.

Well, we have the entire flock roost in our city in the Winter. There are about well over 500 000 of them here at the moment(and there are probably more).

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Well, we have the entire flock roost in our city in the Winter. There are about well over 500 000 of them here at the moment(and there are probably more).
Ya, when I used to walk my dog through the park, they would set up such a ruckus, I wish that I could carry a pellet gun to shut them up. Never could figure out what their purpose is or where they fit into the wheel of life. Kinda like pigeons - frying schiit factories.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Another old thread has been resurrected! Heck, why not?

As for me, Spring time is my favorite. I love watching high school baseball and softball and it is great to go outdoors to watch the neighborhood kids play (best part of all - no admission fees!).

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Ya, when I used to walk my dog through the park, they would set up such a ruckus, I wish that I could carry a pellet gun to shut them up. Never could figure out what their purpose is or where they fit into the wheel of life. Kinda like pigeons - frying schiit factories.

Pigeons are at least quieter. All day long all you hear is "Caw! Caw! Caw!". The skies are literally black with them when they fly off to roost at night. I am just glad that they don't roost near my house...otherwise I guess I would have to get a pellet gun and ping off a few of them.;)

Another old thread has been resurrected! Heck, why not?

As for me, Spring time is my favorite. I love watching high school baseball and softball and it is great to go outdoors to watch the neighborhood kids play (best part of all - no admission fees!).

To be fair, it was resurrected by the OP.;)

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
If they annoy you guys with their cawing you need to move out of the boonies and into city where the pollution keeps their numbers under control.

I really like the crow. He's smart and misunderstood. Didn't you ever hear "Black bird" by the Beatles?