Income tax return

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Just fired off my return. I used Ufile the last couple of years but found that the software wasn't up to snuff this year. Found another online software package at Cute Tax and it worked beautifully. Cost $17 for both me and the wife.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
You have to pay taxes on 4-15-08 too? That's odd. I spent 3 grueling days sorting, organizing, and trying to FIND everything I needed. Every year our taxes get more and more complicated. I taught my daughter to do them, and she sent hers off and has already spent her refund. I have to pay a goodly chunk this year.:-(

After I finished my taxes, I was dead tired and it took me about 5 days to get rested up.
I use TaxCut. It's $19.95. It's a software you buy at a computer store or at an office supply company. Texas doesn't have a state income. Thank God it's finished.

Uncle

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I usually do mine via Quick Tax at least I have for the last 8 years. This year I finally clued in that all I need is the $18.00 program rather than the $40.00 one. Good lord....... *sigh*

Albertabound

Electoral Member
Sep 2, 2006
I filed my claim of rights three years ago and have not "submitted"
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/submit income tax since that date. I do pay my provincial taxes as that is where my health care and school taxes originate. As far as highways go.....I buy gas, I pay tax on my gas and that is my contribution to highways.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Still using Cute Tax, although it’s changed it’s name to Tax Chopper. They keep my records from year to year and it’s super easy to use. I use it for the whole famn damily and it’s only $20. Almost finished for this year. It would be so much easier and cheaper if the only tax was a consumption tax. Tax Chopper (Cutetax Online)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I finished mine and got my refund last week. I always have to wait for one T5 to come in every year. It is always the last slip.

One thing I noticed was that two slips were on the Revenue Canada site. I guess some companies put them there.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Yes. I funneled money into some properties and the company I deal with never sends out their T5s until the last minute. Other years, I have finished my return literally on the first or second of March.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Try using genutax - great for people who don't know how to file taxes - no cost as it runs on donations and you can netfile your return. So to save yourself money, google it.

It asks you specific questions and will provide the forms specific to your answers. I've used it for many years and it's great!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Still using Cute Tax, although it’s changed it’s name to Tax Chopper. They keep my records from year to year and it’s super easy to use. I use it for the whole famn damily and it’s only $20. Almost finished for this year. It would be so much easier and cheaper if the only tax was a consumption tax. Tax Chopper (Cutetax Online)
I still use the same. With it, I've previously filed some fairly complex returns and never once got audited.