Job Interview in Quebec

canadian07

Jan 5, 2008
Hi, I have an upcoming first job interview. I live in Montreal, Quebec. Most of Quebec is French-speaking. I am OK (but week) in French, but I don't know if the interview will be in French or not. I listed Engish as my first language on my CV. So I don't know what to expect.

Can anyone from or knows about Quebec help me out here?
Thanks.

triedit

inimitable
I can only wish you good luck. I know only fragments of French--I moved to Toronto in July 2000 and my only exposure is traffic signs and the occasional dually translated label. We did spend a weekend in Quebec City but they were very english friendly. Passed through also on our way to the maritimes and knew enough to order a Ouff McMuffin....

Relax and enjoy the interview. And remember, you are having a look at THEM just as much as they are at you.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Hi, I have an upcoming first job interview. I live in Montreal, Quebec. Most of Quebec is French-speaking. I am OK (but week) in French, but I don't know if the interview will be in French or not. I listed Engish as my first language on my CV. So I don't know what to expect.

Can anyone from or knows about Quebec help me out here?
Thanks.

I would say you're probably............screwed. :quebec:

If you are "week" in French, you'll probably just have to take it day by day.

(couldn't resist that......damn!!) :laughing6: sorry