Who's the worst Canadian?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Worst Canadian?

Well, Pickton the pig farmer would be on my list, and so would Clifford Olsen. The former preyed on women, and the latter preyed on children.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
"Sleezen Harpercon"

lollol

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
After the fall of Hong Kong and the capture of 2500 Canadians, many of the prisoners were shipped to a camp in Japan. One of the Japanese Sergeants had been brought up in BC, and had returned to Japan just before the war. He tortured, murdered, and made the lives of the Canadians miserable.......no doubt in revenge for the racism he had suffered.....but WHO CARES?

The story has an appropriate ending. This guy was so bad that after the war he was tried for war crimes. As a non-commissioned officer, the maximum sentence would have been 10 years. His defense? (with consultation with his lawyer) As a Canadian citizen, he could not be tried for Japanese war crimes. The tribunal agreed........and shipped him straight to Canada, where he was tried for treason, convicted, and hanged.

Justice done.

Talk about reason to fire your lawyer!

Now, where are those Khadrs?

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Colpy / Dirtylinder - do you have his name?

Is there anything I can read about this guy? I've never heard the story before.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Most peolple mention politicians in this kind of a poll.
My top 2 for worst Canadians are: 1) Mike Pearson
2) Turdoh

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
After the fall of Hong Kong and the capture of 2500 Canadians, many of the prisoners were shipped to a camp in Japan. One of the Japanese Sergeants had been brought up in BC, and had returned to Japan just before the war. He tortured, murdered, and made the lives of the Canadians miserable.......no doubt in revenge for the racism he had suffered.....but WHO CARES?

The story has an appropriate ending. This guy was so bad that after the war he was tried for war crimes. As a non-commissioned officer, the maximum sentence would have been 10 years. His defense? (with consultation with his lawyer) As a Canadian citizen, he could not be tried for Japanese war crimes. The tribunal agreed........and shipped him straight to Canada, where he was tried for treason, convicted, and hanged.

[FONT=Times, serif][/FONT]

Justice done.

Talk about reason to fire your lawyer!

Now, where are those Khadrs?

[FONT=Times, serif]Kamloops or Kamloops Kid, was Kanao Inouye, he was personally responsible for the deaths of eight Canadian soldiers held as prisoners. At the end of the war he was imprisoned for war crimes and this created quite a problem for the Canadian Government. Kanao Inouye was a Canadian citizen and there is no provision in the Canadian government to execute one of its own citizens for war crimes. However, Kanao Inouye was tried for treason and executed.[/FONT]

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
Colpy: I remember the story about that guy, but can't remember his name. Wish you hadn't mentioned it, because now I'm getting the urge to look back into the histories of the Winnipeg Grenadiers, and Royal Rifles of Canada. If my memory serves me right, they used to derisively call him the "Canadian kid". I do know for certain, he wasn't named Moosejaw, sorry Curiosity, you got fished.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
[FONT=Times, serif]Kamloops or Kamloops Kid, was Kanao Inouye, he was personally responsible for the deaths of eight Canadian soldiers held as prisoners. At the end of the war he was imprisoned for war crimes and this created quite a problem for the Canadian Government. Kanao Inouye was a Canadian citizen and there is no provision in the Canadian government to execute one of its own citizens for war crimes. However, Kanao Inouye was tried for treason and executed.[/FONT]

Thanks for the details, Juan.

able

Electoral Member
Apr 26, 2007
One finger typing? Thanks Juan, I remembered it as Canadian kid, but as soon as I saw your post, I knew you were right. Now I don't have to go looking, thanks again.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Thanks for the details, Juan.

Colpy

I had just read about this character. Before the reading, I only had a vague recollection of these events.

Able

I am an expert one-finger typist. Sometimes, by the time I finish my reply, I can't find the topic...:lol:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Colpy

I had just read about this character. Before the reading, I only had a vague recollection of these events.

Able

I am an expert one-finger typist. Sometimes, by the time I finish my reply, I can't find the topic...:lol:
lol I know what you mean..................................................why was I laughing?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Worst Canadian?

Well, Pickton the pig farmer would be on my list, and so would Clifford Olsen. The former preyed on women, and the latter preyed on children.

I considered Pickton too. Obviously, he's fresh in my mind (especially since we talked about him yesterday, AND he was mentioned on CSI last night). He stands out as a horrible human. But is he a bad Canadian? What constitutes being a bad Canadian? I felt perhaps the survey was looking for the person who's most damaged our image or culture. Pickton didn't really do that. But I'm at a loss for naming any one person.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I considered Pickton too. Obviously, he's fresh in my mind (especially since we talked about him yesterday, AND he was mentioned on CSI last night). He stands out as a horrible human. But is he a bad Canadian? What constitutes being a bad Canadian? I felt perhaps the survey was looking for the person who's most damaged our image or culture. Pickton didn't really do that. But I'm at a loss for naming any one person.

My third choice would have been Mulroney, who ran our debt up to half a trillion dollars. The approximately $35 billion in annual interest charges has handcuffed every Canadian government since.