24 TV hockey channel

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Since hockey is the Cdn game, we need a 24 hour hockey channel. It would show current games, say about three days old. When a local game is on TV for the Canucks it would show boxing or the weather so viewers would have to watch.

The NHL gets bigger because of TV, these are public airwaves and a payback for loyal fans.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Since hockey is the Cdn game, we need a 24 hour hockey channel. It would show current games, say about three days old. When a local game is on TV for the Canucks it would show boxing or the weather so viewers would have to watch.

Do you really think people want to watch a 3 day old game, all the results are in, many of us have
seen it on NHL Center Ice, and it's like reading a 3 day old news paper. Maybe I'm wrong, but I
sure wouldn't want to see it, I would rather watch a 3 yr old game, maybe a replay of stanley cup
playoffs or something like that.

I like the idea of a 24 hr. hockey channel, with hockey news, interesting stories, trades, ideas, chat,
and interviews, and game "highlights" , Jr. hockey highlights, american hockey news and highlights,
etc.

The NHL gets bigger because of TV, these are public airwaves and a payback for loyal fans.

Yeah, I think it would be popular, but some wives might go balistic, (who cares), I'm sure they
watch lots of shows I wouldn't watch.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Talloola, great idea, a 24 hour hockey channel and another channel that only talks about hockey. Where is the 500 channel universe?

I would also like to watch more local sports like university basketball, volleyball, hockey etc. But we are a captive market and the big boys want big markets. Much of the tech is there, but not the political will.