Lower immigration levels from 200,000 to 80,0000

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I don't see why we should lower immigration. I know my parents didn't have 5 kids, what the hell happens when their generation retires?

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
We need to pay for the CPP of a rapidly aging baby boom. We need to bring in immigrants. No way around it. Families these days can't afford to have 5 kids. Hard enough having 2 and be able to afford decent post secondary education. Northern Europe is not sending huge amounts of displaced persons anymore. Soon the Chinese and Indians will be content to stay home.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
We need to pay for the CPP of a rapidly aging baby boom. We need to bring in immigrants. No way around it. Families these days can't afford to have 5 kids. Hard enough having 2 and be able to afford decent post secondary education. Northern Europe is not sending huge amounts of displaced persons anymore. Soon the Chinese and Indians will be content to stay home.

We had three kids, and though we raised them in the 70's and 80's, it was difficult.I can't imagaine how parents do it today.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I think Canada should raise the immigration levels especially among people from conflict zones and refugee camps.

Either he's trying to get a rise out of Marygaspe or displaced persons have made up many of the more successful immigrants to Canada. Economic "refugees" or immigrants may not possess the desire to actually stay alive that a DP may.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

I had to sell two of mine for medical experiments.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
I think Canada should raise the immigration levels especially among people from conflict zones and refugee camps.

I doubt the best idea for a stable society is to seek out and import angry young people who are immersed in a culture of violence and hate. They deserve our help to be sure, but they're too risky to take into our homes.

Yes I agree that we should cut the immigration levels. If you're worried about low birth rates,get off your elitist permanent childhood mindset and have children. It's natural, so go nuts.

Plus, I know its supposed to all cool and nice and multicultural to ship in boatloads of foreign professionals, but is it really that kind of us to be robbing the third world of all its doctors, engineers and scientists? We coo and moan about how such and such a country is in such a poor state, then we go ahead and scalp every decent, educated person they have. Maybe if we left them were they are, they would help improve their own countries instead of being lured by cash into doing jobs we're too lazy to do.