• Star Trek

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Star Wars

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
How you want Canada to be in a far away future?

A world like Star Trek or a world like Star wars?
You can forget the force thing and the multi species of Star wars and keep the rest.
We are also speaking about the human society of star-trek.

Last edited:
Reactions: hermanntrude

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Where's the "neither" option. Both these programmes were more male focused. Cowboys in space
beating up the bad guys and getting the pretty girl....both innane forms of entertainment. I find it very hard to believe they are both still so successful, considering how unrealistic both are.

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
I forgot to say that star trek movie tend to only show the good part of their culture.
While Star wars show both part.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
they're popular because there are men. star trek, the original series, was very male oriented, but the later version, particularly voyager, were pretty equal, and not about getting the pretty girl.

one (wo)man's inane is another (wo)man's entertainment.

to each their own

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Where's the "neither" option. Both these programmes were more male focused. Cowboys in space
beating up the bad guys and getting the pretty girl....both innane forms of entertainment. I find it very hard to believe they are both still so successful, considering how unrealistic both are.

they are about as realistic as Sex in the City, how women can watch such crap is beyond me.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I forgot to say that star trek movie tend to only show the good part of their culture.
While Star wars show both part.

true, although probably the star wars showed more of the nasty, since wars was part of the title they kinda had to focus on the war-y parts.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
they're popular because there are men. star trek, the original series, was very male oriented, but the later version, particularly voyager, were pretty equal, and not about getting the pretty girl.

one (wo)man's inane is another (wo)man's entertainment.

to each their own

I'm too practical to enjoy such silliness. Mr. Spock? Vulcans? Wookies?Please, grow up gentlemen:)

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007

Both of these world hide women controlling much more the world than they say or thought.

Also, i said in a far future, so how this is unrealistic?
What is your view of the world in 2000 years?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I vote Star Trek also. Star Wars had more diversity I think as far as sentient species and what not, I like the unknown aspect best about Star Trek, and the random fixes to all their problems. Maybe we could divert the EPS manifolds and modify the deflector to....

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
No wonder why there is a lot of conservative when i read this steaming flaming bull.

Speaking about growing up, thats ironic.

This is Canadian content or low content? Perhaps both? :evil3:

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I think episodes 4, 5 & 6 were the best to come out of the Star Wars franchise, the newer one's relied too much on CGI effects, which were used to cover up a weak story in my opinion.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
No wonder why there is a lot of conservative when i read this steaming flaming bull.

Speaking about growing up, thats ironic.

This is Canadian content or low content? Perhaps both? :evil3:

are you going to subject everyone to more of your insults and name-calling because they don't like your choice of television programmes?

PsyOp

Electoral Member
Jan 24, 2007
I vote Star Trek also. Star Wars had more diversity I think as far as sentient species and what not, I like the unknown aspect best about Star Trek, and the random fixes to all their problems. Maybe we could divert the EPS manifolds and modify the deflector to....

I edited my first post. I forgot to say, forget the force and multi species.
I was more talking about the culture and style of life.