Via Rail web page, no prices?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I am surfing the Via Rail web page to see how much fares are for general interest. Do you think I can find schedules and prices between major centres? no frickin' way. Am I dumbass moron or is Via mgmt a dumbass moron?

Someone tell me how this web page operates. Gov't agencies of all sorts have web pages that are far too complex as far as I can tell.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Anyone, someone, show me a page where they have prices on the Via Rail web page. Can't find nuthin'. They have no prices anywhere. Save one for a fare somewhere in the east. When you choose a trip, it can say "Invalid blah blah blah". I have no idea of the train routes at all.

In the federal government apparatus, worrying about money must be for the little people.
My problem is this, I have a budget and I want to see how far I can get with say, $1000.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
http://www.viarail.ca/trains/en_trai_toja.html

god be praised, I found a price on this page, yahoo, time for a party. Hush hush children, they mention money. Cover your eyes.

It said, for example, an economy fare from Vancouver to Toronto is $429 or so. Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This website, like the federal gov't, is cubersome and opaque. And I am on a different computer now.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
it's a common thing for websites that sell expensive things to not show the prices at all. Very annoying. I suppose the assumption is that since it's that costly people will phone if they really want to buy It's a pet hate of mine though. Sensible marketing practice is to tell your customers what the price is, and to not piss them off by leading them in circles.