Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
Very funny, and not one word mispelled. :evil3:

although I would get my check book out and look at the center of the page with an aluminum pen as a favor neighbor lol.

That's the only time your going to find me writing in that illiterate manner of English chaps lol

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
although I would get my check book out and look at the center of the page with an aluminum pen as a favor neighbor lol.

That's the only time your going to find me writing in that illiterate manner of English chaps lol

Join the club :) Although I always get mixed up when talking to Americans about dates. I automatically calculate 04.05.06 as May 4th, 2006. Apparantly they reinvented dating formats at some point for some reason -- so 04.05.06 means April 5th :p They just want to be special.

(Edit: By the way, I've moved this to Canadian Culture forum).

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
In Word Perfect it highlights Canadian words as miss-spells, like neighbour, arbour, etc. It drives me nut.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
In Word Perfect it highlights Canadian words as miss-spells, like neighbour, arbour, etc. It drives me nut.

*ahem* CANADIAN words?....that's the Queen's English I'll have you know, it's in the Oxford English dictionary!!!..or as I like to call it.....English English

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Join the club :) Although I always get mixed up when talking to Americans about dates. I automatically calculate 04.05.06 as May 4th, 2006. Apparantly they reinvented dating formats at some point for some reason -- so 04.05.06 means April 5th :p They just want to be special.

(Edit: By the way, I've moved this to Canadian Culture forum).

I was thinking about this the other day and realised there is actually a logical reason for something the americans do:

when you say the date, usually you say something like "may the fourth, 2006". Put it in that order and you have 05-04-06. not illogical.

i am surprised

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Quote Andem"(Edit: By the way, I've moved this to Canadian Culture forum)."

Thanks Andem, was a good move. While funny it seems to have hit a nerve in the "English English" department.

Daz_Hockey

Council Member
Nov 21, 2005
I was thinking about this the other day and realised there is actually a logical reason for something the americans do:

when you say the date, usually you say something like "may the fourth, 2006". Put it in that order and you have 05-04-06. not illogical.

i am surprised

Theres a lot of logic to the way they spell......doesnt make it right though does it?

For example, Aluminum, that's thats the original and logical way of spelling it, it's just in Queen's English, it's Aluminium...just to be different, I color and colour (I dont pronounce it colOUR, I pronounce it color, but I still spell it colour).

It's just like Forrest Gump says "some things just don't make no sense"

doesnt mean their wrong though

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Our format of date, actually most of the Western World's format of date DD.MM.YY makes the most sense in organisation. Think about it, day is within a month, and a month is within a year. A month isn't within a day :p

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Theres a lot of logic to the way they spell......doesnt make it right though does it?

For example, Aluminum, that's thats the original and logical way of spelling it, it's just in Queen's English, it's Aluminium...just to be different, I color and colour (I dont pronounce it colOUR, I pronounce it color, but I still spell it colour).

It's just like Forrest Gump says "some things just don't make no sense"

doesnt mean their wrong though

good point daz. everyone is wrong except us. i truly believe that. although i do actually SAY aluminium

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Queen's English

:evil3:
*ahem* CANADIAN words?....that's the Queen's English I'll have you know, it's in the Oxford English dictionary!!!..or as I like to call it.....English English

This kind of drives it home.:evil3:

An American in England

An American visiting in England asked at the hotel for the elevator.

The portiere looked a bit confused but smiled when he realized what the man wanted.

"You must mean the lift," he said.

"No," the American responded. "If I ask for the elevator I mean the elevator."

"Well," the portiere answered, "over here we call them lifts".

"Now you listen", the American said rather irritated, "someone in America invented the elevator."

"Oh, right you are sir," the portiere said in a polite tone, "but someone here in England invented the language."

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Bloody Yanks, they revolted in 1776 and have been revolting ever since.

God was showing of to his angels his latest creation. "Behold a world of balance. In the north snow and ice. In the south sand and heat. With mountains tall and oceans deep." Looking down the angels asked "What is that beautiful part?" "That is Canada, a place of great natural beauty with mountains tall from ocean deep to ocean wide stretching from the north to far in the south," he replies" A place of openness and acceptance that produces vast amounts of grains, minerals, oils and woods". "But where is the balance?" asked the angels. "You should see the loud mouth b@st@rds I'm going to put beside them." said the Lord.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Rom you been eating that damn fake butter again haven't you, it makes you scrappy. Funny thou.:laughing7: