Canada's outstanding comedians.

Truekiwijoker

Nominee Member
Oct 24, 2006
A fortnight or so back I started a tounge-in-cheek thread enquiring about good Canadian music, and was quite suprised at some of the feathers I subsequently ruffled. Part of what mislead me to think people would take it in better humour is Canada's outstanding tradition of comedians. Alot of the best comedians (and comedy actors, if there's a difference) that have done so well in the U.S.A. hail from Canada, and if Trailer park boys is any indication it will probaly continue.

So I'm starting this thread where posters can name a comedian (i.e. NOT Tom f_cking Green) who hails from your beautiful and bountiful land.

So here goes, EUGENE LEVY

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
At least eighty percent of the cast of Saturday Night Live characters over the years.....

Don't forget the great actors too: The father and son Sutherlands among many.

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
Sick, sick.

Rick Mercer and Mary Walsh. But they're getting to main stream.

No its not sick.

Paul Bernardo did the impossible---he actually got the entire court room at his trial to roar with laughter.

While on the stand he was casually asked by an autorney why he had decided to move from Missasauga to St Catharines.

He replied --apparently straight faced and totally serious that he was finding that his neighbourhood in Missasuaga was going down hill and that it was becoming a little too dangerous for his liking.

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Phil Hartman
May he R.I.P.

The Trailer Park Boys are the funniest thing in the world. Monty Python had it's time, Kids in he Hall, SCTV.......but I just find TPB simply the best.

Thank you from the USA....

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
No its not sick.

Paul Bernardo did the impossible---he actually got the entire court room at his trial to roar with laughter.

While on the stand he was casually asked by an autorney why he had decided to move from Missasauga to St Catharines.

He replied --apparently straight faced and totally serious that he was finding that his neighbourhood in Missasuaga was going down hill and that it was becoming a little too dangerous for his liking.

Does that mean he's funny, like funny 'ha, ha' or just 'funny'?

Truekiwijoker

Nominee Member
Oct 24, 2006
Phil Hartman
May he R.I.P.

Is that Phil 'Lionel Hutz' Hartman? Didn't even know he was Canadian. Heard he was dead or something, murdered by his wife? Tragedy, gone are some of the best Simpsons characters!

Micheal J. Fox. Okay so he was on Family Ties, but he was pretty funny, especially in Teen Wolf.

Truekiwijoker

Nominee Member
Oct 24, 2006
At least eighty percent of the cast of Saturday Night Live characters over the years.....

From what I've seen of Saturday night live, I'm not sure if that's something to be advertised. I mean Adam Sandler was a regular on that show and HE SUCKS!