What is the best state in Canada & why

Rushie

Sep 17, 2006
Without causing a lot of arguements, What is the best state in Canada & why.
Cheers,
David

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Well, Iam Guessing your not really schooled on Canadian Geography. In Canada, we have Provinces, they Basicly work like US states. Each Province has Governing Party which we elect every 4 years.

With that being said the Best Province is Nova Scotia, We are the first Province to be Settled in Canada, and one of the Original Provinces to Join confederation. We are where most new Canadians would Arive by Boat. We have one of the most Tech-driven and Advanced Cities in Canada/North America Halifax. We are the Gateway to Shipping in the Atlantic Ocean. We have some of the Best Beers Known to man made right in the Province. We are more than usually happy to help out. We have a strange accent that sets us apart from evryone else. We are the beginning of Canadian History. Wehave many National parks and a very diverse culture and community.

the poeple of Nova Scotia, are the back bone and work hourses of Canada, we will go anywhere for work and do anything to support our families and ourselves that others would rahter not do. We are widely Diverse, and are proud of who we are. I dont a Nova Scotian that would pick any other Province but Nova Scotia. Sure we go on the Move for work in the OIl fields, or Towers in Quebec and Toronto, but we always come back. And so does anyone that Visits.

My Second Favorite would be British Columbia.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Lord - someone had to hit the obvious geographical response.... neverthess I am weighing in.....

The best "state in Canada" is probably "stoned".

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My favorite is the state of self indulgent euphoria. My least favorite, the state of anxiety.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think not said:
Nova Scotia, where people are truly kind and polite. The rudest I have seen are in BC.
Huh? Rude? I AM NOT RUDE YOU %^$^%...

just kidding

Rushie

Sep 17, 2006
Apologies to all.
You are quite right, I am not schooled in Canadian Geography, I should have known that you call them "provience's" and not "states", I hope that I have not offended anyone.
Thanks for the replies though.
Dave

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Rushie said:
Apologies to all.
You are quite right, I am not schooled in Canadian Geography, I should have known that you call them "provience's" and not "states", I hope that I have not offended anyone.
Thanks for the replies though.
Dave
Not at all, its a simple mistake.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Dave ask any question you like, we were just teasing you in a good natured sorta way. Welcome aboard to the Big Ship CC, our Captain's name is Andem and he has a peg leg and a Parrot named Joe. And he's scaryyyyyyyyyyyyy.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Maybe Rushie was referring to best state as in state of mind. In which case his question would make sense.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
So he did mean provinces.

North Ontario:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
The best state as in state of mind? Well deniel of course, if you pretend it doesn't exist ergo no problemo. Not that I'm denying it or anything.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
Nova Scotia, where people are truly kind and polite. The rudest I have seen are in BC.

I agree, take a trip to Tofino sometime... shudder.

There's something you should know about Canada lad, you should never ask someone where they are from. If they're from Newfoundland you'll know soon enough.

If they're not, they'll be too ashamed to admit it.

HAHAHAHA :D :D

seriously though, I am biased towards NL and the East Coast in general, soo...

If you want a simple life, good friends, good times and beautiful scenery, I'd suggest you keep it to Newfoundland. However, the economy is in shambles, so you may need to take it to Nova Scotia. Not too bad, I love the place myself, as well as New Brunswick.

PEI is an island resort and a nice place, just make sure you can keep up with the Tignish moonshine. Also.. must love Ann of Greene Gables...

BC is abso-friggin-lutely BEEEAAUUTTIFFUULLL... too bad it's filled to the brim with Coffee shop Communists and Vege-Marxists who just absolutely have to save you, in a shrill voice, from your own stupidity and ignorance of what is right. There's a lot of politics wrapped up in BC, but if you can brush that off then its a paradise.

Alberta has the money, and from what I've seen the people are pretty friendly and welcoming. Lots of wide open spaces, towering mountains and vast plains. Beautiful place for an outdoorsman or anyone seeking work. ( It's also full of emigrant Newfies.... has to be a paradise..)

The Prairie provinces are, from what I saw, the epitome of the stereotype shown by all the shows about them. Hardworking, warm-hearted, simple people. May be boring for a City person, but when you grow up and straighten yourself out, they'll be waiting with a smile, a load of work to be done and a beer at the end of the day.

Ontario has Toronto.

Quebec, historical and beautiful, but political as a University student trying to get laid at the Student Newspapper.