Are we about to lose our country?! "North American Unio

Aug 16, 2006
The Capital
Hi there everyone! I'm new! Just wanted to say HI before I get to the reason I came here to this site and registered specifically...

(well, besides the fact that I'm SO SICK of having to deal with US citizens on the other boards I belong to and that its high time I spent my time talking about these important subjects with my own people)

... to discuss a number of issues strictly with other Canadians. Find like minded ones.. which I'm more likely to do here then elsewhere on the net, I figure.

"Hi! And its great to be here!" (there that's done)

Now... on to something much more important..

I did a search here but I couldn't find anything in this forum when I looked through it about anything on the US CFR and their apparent attempt to anex our country.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/adamo/050421

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965

How do you guys all feel about this?

Are we talking about this at all?

Is anyone DOING anything about it?

In my opinion this could lead to an all out civil war. I personally want nothing to do with the USA anymore. And I feel like this is just their efforts to undo the situation they have gotten themselves in to. They've put themselves deeply in the red and having access all of a sudden to our resources without restriction would mean that we'd be essentially used for their own ends. There is NOTHING in this for us.

So what do we do?

What do you think about this? And btw... the attachment I included shows what their plan was all along. It is exactly what I figured would happen after 9-11 so its really just clarification of my suspicions I've had for the last 6 years... seeing it all layed out like that... its depressing because its really like we're just rolling over and allowing it to happen. Not that it matters but I always knew that 9-11 and the WoT would be used to anex our nation along with making wars on many others. It was the main point they were making in the days after 9-11... remember? "Fortress North America" they were calling it BACK THEN... now they are making it a reality. We're one big terror attack from them feeling as though they have the justification to make it happen reguardless of how we feel about it. We will no longer be Canadians. And we won't be "like" americans (thank god for that) but we unfortunetly will end up in an economic situation much like Mexico I'm sure. We can be a world leader and instead we'll be reduced to being the USAs... lap dog... (you know what word I wanted to use there) ... and we can't let that happen. Not when we can be the nation that can bring the world together in peace.. and YES I DO TRUELY BELIEVE it is our nations destiny to do so... this is why the warmongers and war proffiteres want to take our power away from us by taking control of our policies... they've already begun doing this.

It could be worse...

(scenario)

Think about it...

All of a sudden (within perhaps a few months even) .. a "terrorist" (CIA) nuke goes off in Ottawa.

"Oh those poor Canadians..." Says the US government/military.. "..We must act right away to ensure that they do not lose control of their country. Since their leadership has been decapitated, we'll move in and take over administrative control of the country until they can hold elections again."

Like as if it'll ever happen if they got in here.

And don't think that they wouldn't stoop that low.

</scenario>

Anyways... what do you think? And if you feel strongly, that this whole deal is VERY BAD for us... then what should we be doing about it?

-ASA

PS: Nice to meet you all, I think I'll be spending a lot of time here from now on.. I just can't handle the yanks on the other forums anymore.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks
RE: Are we about to lose our country?! "North American

Hi AspiringStarvingArtist,
I am an artist too (I could use a little starving though).

I certainly hope that our three countries don't become one. I don't see much desire on part of Canadians or US'ers to lose their distinct countries. I don't really know what mexicans think on the issue.
One point that stands out to me is that I hear alot of griping and complaining about the US plan to require passports at the border for anyone entering the US. To me this makes sense. The alternative of course is to go with the fortress-northamerica model.
The US is now very concerned about keeping track of who enters their country. Canada has different immigration requirements that the US does not control. so to me we as Canadians can either integrate our immigration policy with the US and allow free access between our two countries or maintain our independence and respect the US's decision to require tighter controls when entering their country.
For us to let into Canada who we want AND demand that no passport to enter their country does not respect their sovereignty. Either integrate our policies or deal with the added burden of entering their country. they have the right to demand whatever they want from those who wish to enter.
The same goes for Mexicans. There is no reason that the US MUST let millions of immigrants enter. They should be able to regulate enterance as they see fit.
Having said that I believe that there is some benefit to a degree of integration. The quantity of trade and human trafic demands that our countries have good relations.

Finally Canada, the US, and Mexico all have distinct character that is well served by each being sovereign and by dealing with eachother as friends.
Europe has shown us what madness we could expect by unification.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
RE: Are we about to lose

One point that stands out to me is that I hear alot of griping and complaining about the US plan to require passports at the border for anyone entering the US.

I think this only applies to means of entry other than driving. I could be mistaken, though. I heard a blip on the news and did't catch all of it. I hope that's true!

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Re: Are we about to lose our country?! "North American

I think we should require passports for Americans entering Canada.
Our countries are way too different. Canadians are for gun control, universal health care, and peace. We are very different. Americans are proud of there country and wouldn't want to join with us, and Canadians and Mexicans dont want to join with them. Everything is fine as it is, border wise.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks

Driving will also require a passport eventually. I think they are giving time to come up with an alternative identity card because the high cost of passports.

iARTthere4iam

Electoral Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pointy Rocks

I'm all for the control of guns as longs as I can still own and shoot them. Trigger locks gun cabinets and the like make sense for safety reasons, but outlawing guns is an insult to my sensibilities.

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Re: Are we about to lose our country?! "North American

Gonzo said:
I think we should require passports for Americans entering Canada.

I agree 100%

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Re: RE: Are we about to lose

Said1 said:
One point that stands out to me is that I hear alot of griping and complaining about the US plan to require passports at the border for anyone entering the US.

I think this only applies to means of entry other than driving. I could be mistaken, though. I heard a blip on the news and did't catch all of it. I hope that's true!

I don't see a problem with requiring a passport for anyone crossing any international border. Everyone should have a passport.