Testament to Caring in Canada

In your opinion, in general, is Canada a caring place to live?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know / Prefer not to respond

• Total voters

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Eighty awards.

The Governor General's Caring Canadian Award, the highest recognition of caring behaviour among the citizenry in Canada, was created by the Right Honourable Roméo LeBlanc, P.C., in 1996 to recognize the stunning exhibitions of caring and co-operative behaviour present throughout Canada. In a testament to the continued love of Canadians of caring for one another, eighty awards' recipients have been announced by Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., the Governor General of Canada.

:arrow: Click here for a list of recipients and their achievements.

The Web site for the [color=#bb0000 said:
Governor General of Canada[/color]]The award consists of a framed certificate and a lapel pin for everyday wear. The award symbol represents Canadians who selflessly give of their time and energy to others. Presentations will be made at a later date by the Governor General herself, in communities across Canada as her travels permit, or by a designate.

Click here to read the entire article in English.
Cliquetez içi pour lire l'article entier en français.
I think it is a wonderful thing to see these awards being given away at this pace — these awards are a sign of great achievement, and I have a great respect for anyone who has exhibited such a nature of caring, co-operation and service to this nation so as to deserve this most prestigious award. Thank you, Canadians, for continuing to demonstrate why this is one of the best places on Earth to live.

:?: Sources
1. Click here for the Web site of the Governor General of Canada.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
yay 5par! I love good news posts! And yes, in general, I agree - Canada is a very caring place to live ... course I can't compare to anywhere else, I've only ever lived in Canada lolll... although it does seem that one usully finds what one is expecting, doesn't it?