Four Canadian Cities Among 25 Best

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Bit of good news ... nice to be ranked high in the world! :)
Dose Story

Four Canadian Cities Among 25 Best
OTTAWA — Vancouver, site of the 2010 Winter Olympics, has won a bronze medal rating as the third most livable city among 215 cities assessed in an annual study.

The four other Canadian cities in the study finished in the Top 25, according to a quality of life survey being released today by Mercer Human Resources Consulting.

Toronto climbed to 15th spot from 16th last year. Ottawa moved up three to 18th place. Montreal and Calgary maintained last year’s ratings, finishing 22nd and 25th respectively.

glossprincess

Electoral Member
Feb 5, 2006
That's awesome!! Well done :D

I've lived in Zurich, I guess it is a pretty damn great place to live, very very very safe! But pretty boring to be honest! And VERY expensive!

But where's Sydney in the list?? :(

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Toronto is actually a good place to be? lmao.. wow. Always thought Vancover was pretty nice compaired to Toronto but having gone to Montreal I'd rate it higher then Toronto but I would have to say they lose a lot of points for being snotty so they do deserve to be under Toronto...

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Four Canadian Cities

Cuz like i would suggest Edmonton..good sports/arts town, great shopping, reletively cheap to live compared to the "big cities", and nice green river valleys.

But i betcha Montreal would be awesome too.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
I would put victoria (downtown/fairfield/james bay/oak bay areas - not the sprawling burbs) and whistler as great places to live (for different reasons). I find vancouver lumped together misleading because while the downtown, kitsilano, false creek are nice parts of van proper, and the north shore is great, the coquitlams/surreys/richmonds of the lower mainland are the pits.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
Re: RE: Four Canadian Cities

Semperfi_dani said:
Cuz like i would suggest Edmonton..good sports/arts town, great shopping, reletively cheap to live compared to the "big cities", and nice green river valleys.

But i betcha Montreal would be awesome too.

well good on ya fer promotin' our fair city, Semperfi, but really... as much as I love Edmonton - it is my home after all - I honestly don't think I could place it in the same league as some of the more metropolitan cities that were on that list... but I kinda like it that way.

Victoria though - now that is a gorgeous little city to live in...

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Hahah..well yah..it can't compete with the big 5 in Canada..but if we are talking about good living standards, we have it pretty sweet in Edmonton. The only thing is that Edmonton can be realllly freaking boring in winter..when you would want it to be the most exciting.

But i would love to spend some time in Ottawa or Montreal...

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'll stay in Campbell River, overlooking Discovery Passage from my front window, at one-third the cost of a garage in East Vancouver.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

Semperfi_dani said:
The only thing is that Edmonton can be realllly freaking boring in winter..when you would want it to be the most exciting.

heh yeah - but that's what forums are for loll... but ya gotta love summer in Edmonton... our festivals rock!

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton

Yes they do! I can barely keep up in the summer. The winter, im a freaking zombie..grr argh.

Although there is much to be said for standing in line for 30 mintues in skirt in -30 weather in the middle of February trying to get into a bar. Hahaha.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB

Semperfi_dani said:

don't feel bad, 2 hours in your car and you still can be in a world class city :wink:

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca

Hank C said:
Semperfi_dani said:

don't feel bad, 2 hours in your car and you still can be in a world class city :wink:

Jasper didn't qualify, Hank :wink:

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

Semperfi_dani said:
Yes they do! I can barely keep up in the summer. The winter, im a freaking zombie..grr argh.

Although there is much to be said for standing in line for 30 mintues in skirt in -30 weather in the middle of February trying to get into a bar. Hahaha.

hmmmm wonder if we ever stood in line together lollll ... which bar?

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB

the caracal kid said:
Hank C said:
Semperfi_dani said:

Jasper didn't qualify, Hank :wink:

:lol: ......Jasper .......cmon everyone knows its all about Banff