Canadian Tire Guy

Gonzo
I read an article about him in the new Macleans. Seems people really hate this guy. You know the guy in the Canadian Tire ads with his smug sense of superiority. Someone’s working on a choir next door and he pops up with his Simonize Water Pressure or Mastercraft Exact fitting windshield wipers, only available at Canadian Tire. Okay, so he's annoying. And I hate him too. But I love the ads. I love to hate this guy. He should have his face on our currency. I think for Halloween I'm going to go as the Canadian Tire guy. He's the Ned Flanders of commercials. If they had an award for most annoying commercial character he'd win. Runner up? The Pillsbury Dough boy.
By the way, what happened to the I Am Canadian Guy?

Ocean Breeze
http://www.freddie.ca/2005/10/whats-...-tire-guy.html

He could be a cousin to the pillsbury dough boy.

Canucklehead
Quote:

By the way, what happened to the I Am Canadian Guy?

He became a dual citizen about the time of the Molson Merger

If that Canadian Tire guy was my neighbour he'd have received a backhand longgggg ago... or possibly a Simoniz enema

mrmom2
Never mind a backhanding .I'd stomp is smug *** into the ground Feck i can't stand that ****ty tool pushing prick and his wife

Gonzo
Are they fazing him out? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No matter who takes up the next role as Canadian Tire guy, they'll never fill his beard! They'll be annoying but not as annoying. Who will I hate after he's gone?

Twila
I had no idea people didn't like him. I hadn't give him any thought what so ever. Now I'm going to have to study him........see if any emotion is invoked.

peapod
Who is the canadian tire guy I don't think I have ever him??

no1important
I thought him and his wife were splitting up?

Twila
He was actually on a 'home improvement" show with his other significant other. Warbler was her last name. They broke up and he married the chicky he's with on the commercials. At least that's what I heard. Can't say the sources were/are reliable cause I have no idea why or how I know that.

missile
I was surprised that so many hate this guy, I don't find his ads half as annoying as the Subway sandwich guy,Jared's. Now,I couldn't tell you what i'd do to that weinie

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by mrmom2

Never mind a backhanding .I'd stomp is smug *** into the ground Feck i can't stand that ****ty tool pushing prick and his wife

I thought I was the only one.

My wife and I make fun of this guy too. He just looks to much like a beaver....

PoisonPete2
I wish he lived next door. I'd borrow all of his tools and never have to shop at Canadian tire again. Some of the time I end up at Home Hardware cos CT doesn't have the little metal 's' hook I need, or they sell me something that doesn't fit figuring they will stock the other item by the time I return. But at least they're canadian eh?

manda
The guy annoys the crap outta me too, I got a huge kick out of the spoof they did of him on last weeks "This hour". Now Jared, I'd love to fishhook that oversized yap of his, hang him from my gutter, and beat him like the sandwich stuffed pinata he is

Reverend Blair
I like going to Princess Auto better. I like a hardware store that doesn't sell blenders. Besides, where else can you find actual parts for a 1956 walking tractor, an extension mirror for your truck, and a hydraulic ram for your brother in-law? Oh, and some gloves too.

Also, Princess Auto doesn't have a cheesy fake couple annoying me on my TV set.

mrmom2
Yea all they have is cheesy fecking cheap tools made in China and guaranteed to break in a week

Kakato
Now were stuck with Vince the slap chop guy.

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

Now were stuck with Vince the slap chop guy.

Do you love his nuts?

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by RisusView Post

Do you love his nuts?

I would love to see them inside the "graty".

Risus
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

I would love to see them inside the "graty".

LOL

YukonJack
They still play on TV ads by that bearded guy with the most irritating voice, even though he's been dead several weeks.

And why, oh why, do TV "salesmen" have to have an English accent?

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

They still play on TV ads by that bearded guy with the most irritating voice, even though he's been dead several weeks.

And why, oh why, do TV "salesmen" have to have an English accent?

That was Billy May. lol He annoyed the hell out of Les, too. I just thought he was a loud-mouthed schnook (aka Foghorn Leghorn a la Bugs Bunny).
The latest one is that "Cash for Gold" crap starring that Aussie with the weird head that made me wonder if his parents squished it in a vise when his bones were developing.