Famous Canadians (Famous Canadians 2008)

Andem
Hey folks,

I'm currently working on a new section of Canadian Content which I hope will become the biggest online resource for Canadians looking for information about famous Canadians such as actors, actresses, inventers, political figures, international stars, and basically anybody who is or has been prominant on both the Canadian and World stages.

Examples would be:

Celine Dion
Tommy Douglas
Terry Fox
Shania Twain
Bryan Adams
Jim Carrey

etc.

I know many of you are proud Canadians, so what I'm asking is: If you have any interest in any piticular famous Canadians, would you mind writing 2 - 3 paragraphs or more about this person? You can even send in a photo of this person so that it may be featured along side the article.

You may email all submissions to me at webteam@canadiancontent.net

Please include your name (or writers' alias) and any other info you'd like to include in the peice.

Rex
Jim Carrey is that comedy artist?
i thought he is american
i know the boyband The Moffatts

CanadaHolland
Jim Carrey is a Canadian, Rex.

Name: James Eugene Carrey
Birthplace:Newmarket, Ontario, Canada

Info from the site of Jim Carrey

Said1
Someone do a write up on Stompin Tom. He rocks!

missile
How about some of the Canadians who were there when the Hollywood Movie industry began? Louis B. Mayer, Mary Pickford, Norma Shearer and Mack Sennet are some of the best examples.

Reverend Blair
Paul Tracy, Scott Goodyear, Parick Carpentier, Greg Moore.

Reverend Blair
Oh...and all three Villeneuves.

missile
Stu Hart and his family of wrestlers

GreenGreta
Don't forget Mike Myers, Wayne Gretsky, Rush, Tragically Hip, Bare Naked Ladies, Keifer Sutherland.

I knew Jim Carrey's dad, he lived in my building, what a character. Gee whiz. He used to say he could teach me to quit smoking, meanwhile he's smokin two packs a day. Cute slippers.

TenPenny
How about Lorne Michaels, without whom there wouldn't be Mike Myers, Dan Akroyd, etc etc etc

LindzyRae
Don't forget David Suzuki, Bryan Adams, Neil Young, William Shatner, Roberta Bondar, Dan Aykroyd, Joni Mitchell, and Keanu Reeves.

LindzyRae
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

I knew Jim Carrey's dad, he lived in my building, what a character. Gee whiz. He used to say he could teach me to quit smoking, meanwhile he's smokin two packs a day. Cute slippers.

Cute slippers? oh my...

missile
I would love to see some info on Ferdinand Demara[sic],"The Great Imposter". I have heard he operated on wounded sailors during the Korean War and was a psychiatrist in my home town. Grey Owl,too,another fascinating faker, who did so much to further the cause of conservation..would be an ideal topic for us.

gopher
Famous Canadians? The best are all here:

www.garywill.com/wrestling/canada/ (external - login to view)

Everybody knows that pro wrestling is the sport of intellectuals and Canada has produced more that its share of grappler greats

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher

Famous Canadians? The best are all here:

www.garywill.com/wrestling/canada/ (external - login to view)

Everybody knows that pro wrestling is the sport of intellectuals and Canada has produced more that its share of grappler greats

Mad Dog Vachon was my mother and grandmother's favorite. When we moved to Calgary, we were able to watch live, for free at the flea market. I saw Jessie Ventura, Hulk Hogan and the Russian who used to sing his nations anthem before he wrestled - all pre-WWF days. I forget the others, I'd have to ask me ma.

Tom Green Fan
Yep, the hitman Bret Hart would have to be included.

Also, i'm not canadian, but can i do a few paragraphs on Tom Green?

Cheers

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by Tom Green Fan

Cheers

Yes, in fact we INSIST that you do a few paragraphs on Tom Green. For we suspect you will burst otherwise.

cortez
Could we have a special award: Famous Canadians who have remained in Canada?

Tom Green Fan
Quote: Originally Posted by cortez

Could we have a special award: Famous Canadians who have remained in Canada?

There aren't any

cortez
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

Quote: Originally Posted by Tom Green Fan

Cheers

Yes, in fact we INSIST that you do a few paragraphs on Tom Green. For we suspect you will burst otherwise.

lol lol lol

Marie-Alexianne
Celine Dion est québécoise en passant..

#juan
Marie-Alexianne

Celine Dion est Québécois tout en passant. Elle est également Canadienne tandis que le dépassement mais elle est attaché par l'argent vers les États-Unis.

Jay
Celine Dion is drunk on Maple Syrup.

Just kidding.....

missile
If she had, she'd weigh more than her 60 plus pounds,eh?

Daz_Hockey
dont forget:

Trish Stratus
Pamela Anderson
Kristen Kruek
and
Sheryl Crowe

now thats a line up of hotties any country would love to have...my personal fav has to Kristen Kruek...man she's out of this world hot.....what is it about chinese/canadian girls eh?

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

If she had, she'd weigh more than her 60 plus pounds,eh?

True that!

Jay
Sheryl Crowe.....she isn't Canadian.

Daz_Hockey
I thought she was....ok...I might be wrong gonna check

Daz_Hockey
alright I was wrong...besides she was the one letting the list down!!!........for not being as hot as the others

CanEcosse
Other famous Canadians include (but not mentioned here yet I believe) Deborah Cox (singer), Tamia (singer), Remy Shand (singer), Jane Child (one hit wonder singer), Avril Lavigne (might have been mentioned here already), Nelly Furtado (singer), Alanis Morissette, Stepenwolf, Howie Mandel, Cowboy Junkies, Leonard Cohen, Cree Summer, Rainbow Sun Francks (formerly of Much Music and now an actor on Stargate Atlantis), Doug Henning (late magician born in Manitoba), Kelly Rowan (on the O.C born in Ottawa), Shannon Tweed (partner of Gene Simmons from Kiss) as well as many others.