Famous Canadians

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hey folks,

I'm currently working on a new section of Canadian Content which I hope will become the biggest online resource for Canadians looking for information about famous Canadians such as actors, actresses, inventers, political figures, international stars, and basically anybody who is or has been prominant on both the Canadian and World stages.

Examples would be:

Celine Dion
Tommy Douglas
Terry Fox
Shania Twain
Bryan Adams
Jim Carrey

etc.

I know many of you are proud Canadians, so what I'm asking is: If you have any interest in any piticular famous Canadians, would you mind writing 2 - 3 paragraphs or more about this person? You can even send in a photo of this person so that it may be featured along side the article.

You may email all submissions to me at webteam@canadiancontent.net

Please include your name (or writers' alias) and any other info you'd like to include in the peice.

Rex

Dec 4, 2005
Jim Carrey is that comedy artist?
i thought he is american
i know the boyband The Moffatts

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
How about some of the Canadians who were there when the Hollywood Movie industry began? Louis B. Mayer, Mary Pickford, Norma Shearer and Mack Sennet are some of the best examples.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Don't forget Mike Myers, Wayne Gretsky, Rush, Tragically Hip, Bare Naked Ladies, Keifer Sutherland.

I knew Jim Carrey's dad, he lived in my building, what a character. Gee whiz. He used to say he could teach me to quit smoking, meanwhile he's smokin two packs a day. Cute slippers.

LindzyRae

Nominee Member
Jan 1, 2006
Sault Ste. Marie
Re: RE: Famous Canadians

GreenGreta said:
I knew Jim Carrey's dad, he lived in my building, what a character. Gee whiz. He used to say he could teach me to quit smoking, meanwhile he's smokin two packs a day. Cute slippers.

Cute slippers? oh my... :scratch:

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I would love to see some info on Ferdinand Demara[sic],"The Great Imposter". I have heard he operated on wounded sailors during the Korean War and was a psychiatrist in my home town. Grey Owl,too,another fascinating faker, who did so much to further the cause of conservation..would be an ideal topic for us.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
gopher said:
Famous Canadians? The best are all here:

http://www.garywill.com/wrestling/canada/

Everybody knows that pro wrestling is the sport of intellectuals and Canada has produced more that its share of grappler greats :!:

Mad Dog Vachon was my mother and grandmother's favorite. When we moved to Calgary, we were able to watch live, for free at the flea market. I saw Jessie Ventura, Hulk Hogan and the Russian who used to sing his nations anthem before he wrestled - all pre-WWF days. I forget the others, I'd have to ask me ma.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

Tom Green Fan said:
Yep, the hitman Bret Hart would have to be included.

Also, i'm not canadian, but can i do a few paragraphs on Tom Green? :D

Cheers

Yes, in fact we INSIST that you do a few paragraphs on Tom Green. :D For we suspect you will burst otherwise. :lol:

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006
Could we have a special award: Famous Canadians who have remained in Canada?

cortez

Council Member
Feb 22, 2006

Haggis McBagpipe said:
Tom Green Fan said:
Yep, the hitman Bret Hart would have to be included.

Also, i'm not canadian, but can i do a few paragraphs on Tom Green? :D

Cheers

Yes, in fact we INSIST that you do a few paragraphs on Tom Green. :D For we suspect you will burst otherwise. :lol:

lol lol lol