Soooo....

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I was just ripping some boards off the wall and found some WWII war posters. They're pretty rough and look like they were likely ripped out of the Star at the time. My guess is that cash value might be close to ten bucks if I bought the buyer $20 worth of beer first...these things are ripped and torn and have articles on the back. They are common and in poor condition.

Does anybody know somebody who collects this stuff and might appreciate it?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I don't want money, ITN. They might be worth a case of beer. So what?

I would like them to go to somebody who will appreciate them though. I can buy my own beer.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
So will some old guy who comes by and makes a vague promise about buying me a beer at the legion should I bother to take my hat off.

I think you and I might have some different values, ITN.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Just a wild shot, ITN....You've never, ever destroyed anything fo pure glee, have you? You've never grabbed that emergency brake lever just because it was there. Never said, "It only looks like that." You've never jumped off a boat to avoid Donna Summer's voice. You've never ever, ever skidded into your father's driveway (with a slight ricochet off of something new and shiny), turned upside down and giggled.

If working on a theory here...so help me out. I need to kill time 'til Wednesday. Unless there are bears.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Rev ... down boy. I know yer getting cranky without the beer, but if you pick on ITN I'll have to spank you.

Your find sounds interesting! You got a digital cam? Post a pic for us. I love old stuff ... but have stopped collecting anything (except perfume and shoes).

bevvyd

Electoral Member
Jul 29, 2004
Mission, BC
Hey Rev,

Try calling your local legion, they probably have somebody around who collects and would really appreciate those things you found.

Kewl find.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Got any other exciting topics

The back of my truck has a bunch of water in it, so all the bits of drywall etc that I throw in it become mush.

All the rain forced the voles to high ground, so the cats are having a kill-fest.

The poison truck came by last night and spayed our ditches. Now the ditches are almost dry, but the huge puddles out back that they did not spray are still there.

This is my exciting life.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Voles eh?? Listen to this, I saw it myself this weekend. In nanaimo, down where to catch the little boat over to protection island, there is a bald eagle that hangs around there. Now if you bring down some raw chicken meat, this guy puts on quite a show. Yikes! you can actually hear his tallons grab the chicken meat, just above your head! Oi!.....bet they would grab one of those voles if you tossed a few skyward :p