Your help in a UK TV project!

researcheruktv

Apr 6, 2005
Dear all,

I am a researcher working on a documentory for UK teenagers about life in Canada (from a teenager's perspective).

I have found a great number of facts but am struggling to find answers to the following questions. If you feel you could help, I would be extremely thankful!:

- Do most Canadians Travel abroad frequently?
- What to Canadian Teens do most in leisure time?
-How many teenagers go on to college or straight to work?
- What sports are played in schools?
- What is the most popular genre of music in Canada?
- Do you fine any conflict with languages?
- Do many canadian adolecents go to college near home or do they live away from home?

If you feel you can help with any/all of these questions I'd be so very grateful. Or if you know of any popular teenage cultural websites which could give me this info?

MANY MANY Thanks! Jess

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
- Do most Canadians Travel abroad frequently? - I did

- What to Canadian Teens do most in leisure time?- Honsetly? Smoke dope.

-How many teenagers go on to college or straight to work?- Alot more now go straight to work, then go to college after.

- What sports are played in schools? - Soccer is played more then hockey in schools.

- What is the most popular genre of music in Canada? - The same in the states.

- Do you fine any conflict with languages? - Yes. Alot of jobs require both french and english (in Ottawa and the government), and alot of english Canadians cant speack french. Plus, alot of people come from elsewhere in the world and even though they are qualified to work here, there is a language barrier.

- Do many canadian adolecents go to college near home or do they live away from home?- I went to college in my hometown.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I didn't
do'nt forget video games although a lot of kids around here are into mountain biking
Same
Football and rugby too
Rap is Crap :lol:
Pretty much the same here for the last 2 questions :wink:

Munkustrap

Nominee Member
Mar 3, 2005
Ottawa
Q: Do most Canadians Travel abroad frequently?
A: Don't know... I don't, personally. But that's just me.

Q: What to Canadian Teens do most in leisure time?
A: I like to chill with friends, and yes pot is common, more so than alcohol, since marijuana is easier to get. Sometimes all we do is just sit around a table and pass hours talking, but video games and movies are biggy.

Q: How many teenagers go on to college or straight to work?
A: I can't name anyone who I know who is going straight to the workforce, all my friends are either heading into the trades, university or college.

Q: What sports are played in schools?
A: My high school? A lot. Name it, we probably play it.

Q: What is the most popular genre of music in Canada?
A: Yeah, I agree with Gonzo, check out the US.
Rap is crap.
I'll show you the good stuff.

A: Do you fine any conflict with languages?
Q: Yes. My French works, but not well. I coached ski racing and half my kids were French speaking, usually we could communicate fine, everyonce in a while I would slip and say something ridiculous, but fluently, if a fast speaking French speaking person approached me and talked normally I would probably miss a lot of it. The thing with little kids is they tend to talk slower than adults.
Q: Do many canadian adolecents go to college near home or do they live away from home?
A: I would say almost everyone heading to college or university would want to leave their home, though money does have an affect on whether that is possible. University is expensive.

Cool.