why does canada have so much fear and hate??

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
topic title: Why does Canada SOOOO MUCH fear and hate?? Its TOO much!!

I kind of regret immigrating to Canada, but on the other hand I don't
have a choice as I am only 1 years old when I landed in Canada. I have
lived here for 27 years and everyday it just seems to get worse and
worse in society.

Here are my list concerns:

1)Is this REALLY a democratic and free country??
Its like a facist country to me. finish the list and you will see.

2)Why are Canadians so afriad of accidental
eye contact??? It is REALLY HARD to avoid your eye pupil
from somebody elses EVERY TIME you know???
How come canadians take this soooo seriously?? WHY are canadians
offended sooo easily????

3)Where did you guys get the "canadians are nice" idea from??
From my experience, the majority of canadians are FAR from anywhere
near nice. The citizens are TO sensitive and they hate it
especially when you disagree with something or have an opinion of
your own and its often over small little issues.

4)How come canadians are always so distant from each other??
How come everyone in canada is always suspected of at least
something?? Its like everyone thinks you are some kinda spy or
something.

5)They only have negative expressions. The only thing I can see in
the eyes of a canadian is hate and or fear. WHATS SO scary?!?!?!
Its so hard to bear that I try to avoid eye contact with canadians
most of the time. The fear and or hate on their faces are both
horrific and absolutley disgusting at the same time.

6)In canada the nice guy, hero, good guy etc. IS ALWAYS the criminal
at some point in life. WHY???? READ the newspaper and you will see.
everyday it is like this:
"so and so is convicted of a crime and has broken code xyz"
The next thing you hear is witnessess saying this:
But he was so kind, he always help us and so on and so on.
So in Canada you are suspected of being a criminal for being a
nice and responsible citizen right? BUT WHY?!?!?! So am I suppose
to act like a freakin biker or crackhead in order to be seen as
a "good citizen". THIS IS CANADA?!?! IF not then why do the people
and media say nice things about a criminal when they are in court?
Criminals are suppose to be PURE EVIL!!! ITS
absolutley IMMORAL to say good things done by
a criminal!! Criminals are born with the gift
of DEATH!! THEY ARE GUILTY UNTIL THE DAY THEY DIE!!
AND WILL BE CONTINUED to be punished in hell for all
eternity!!! THEY CAN'T be good!!!! Criminals are a
pathetically weak INFERIOR RACE
all by themselves why can't people get this in their heads?
Its wrong to even sympathsize for a criminal by saying thins such as
"oh but he was so polite", "oh but he was so kind". THESE statements
actually makes good people look bad.

7) How come Canadians have a strong phobia of love and peace??
What happened to the freedom of opinion?
I mean they ask you what do you think and
lash out over extremely small matters and or when your idea is
different then theirs. so most of the time you have
to minimize speech and agree all the time even when their
ideas are wrong. This leaves a lot of room and advantage for
facist wannabes to take over.

8) All canadian love relationships always end up in bitter
rivalry. It is as if love is a forbidden act in canada as bad
things are bound to happen should a canadian experience
the feeling of love he or she will get really bad luck 100% of
the time.
9) Why are Canadians always living in tremendous fear??
Why do Canadians distant themselves away from each
other? Why does everyone suspect each other?

10) And the hate that is in the average Canadian makes
Hitler sound like a pacifist. Why so unforgiving when it
comes to mistakes of human nature?? We suceed from
mistakes don't we??

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
With the mention of TO, I can only assume he/she/it lives in Toronto. All big cities the world over become the same: the larger the city, the more impersonal it is, and the more people are scared of strangers on the street.

My only suggestion is to put your preconceived notions aside, and move to a mid/small town. Say, 100,000 people max. You'll find it quite different, and you might even be scared by the friendliness of the people. As long as you don't carry that big city freakishness with you; after all, in one point you mention that "Canadians" hate to make eye contact; then, later in the list, you say that you now refuse to make eye contact. Okay.

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
This is a distressing post. I can't believe that you would really think all these things?

Naturally, there are people like that everywhere in the world. Obviously not every Canadian is pure of heart and willing to help out, but the vast majority are.

I suggest you visit our neighbours to the south, or across the ocean, and then come back. You'll come to appreciate our country and our people a little more. You are very fortunate to be living here.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
This has gotta be the most misinformed thread I've seen around here in a while.

Whoever this guy is, what he is explaining is an international thing. I personally find Canadians much more friendly than say Americans, French or even British. Just my opinion, maybe its because I'm Canadian that they recognise me and treat me better?

That post is a load of rubbish!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Well, I like the turn of the thread, though. Which country's citizens seem the most friendly to you? Or, for that matter, which province or state?

I found Bavarians to be very friendly, northern Germans not quite as much, the French were delightful (I know, I know, this is not everybody's reaction, but we loved them and they were wondeful to us). In the US, I have never met anyone quite as genuinely friendly as the folks in Georgia and Oklahoma, nor any as unfriendly as the folks in Idaho and Texas. In Canada, without a doubt Saskabushians are a dream. God they're nice, they're ALL nice, I swear. The whole blinkin' province is that way.

Okay, those are MY gross generalizations. Who's up next?

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Numure said:
Where in Canada do you live? Try Québec, you might like it more.. Or the other way around, if you are in Québec.

THIS HAS TO BE THE FUNNIEST POST OF THE MONTH!!

Terrific, Numure!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I will join you in generalizations,

Quebecois: Weird reaction. I get really friendly people in Montreal downtown and club life. My colleagues are great.

Bavarians: Oh, yes. I prefer hanging out in Munich than Leipzig (though, Leipzig was really nice people). Have not been to Berlin. The Austrians seem to be more arrogant to me when I admit my family is Bavarian.

French: It totally depends. When they first meet you, they think you're American... you get the cold shoulder. When they realize you're 'canadien', it's pretty good.. But it's not until I introduce myself as Canadian (which I dont always get the chance to do) that they treat me anywhere near nice.

I don't feel like anymore generalizations :)

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Okay, those are MY gross generalizations. Who's up next

OK, my vote for friendliest Canadians are Nova Scotians-- especially those in the Annapolis Valley...

In the States, I'm with Haggis-- Georgians get my vote. The closer you get to Savannah, the nicer they get. Running a close tie for second are Iowans and/or Nebraskans, in my opinion.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Oh, and from what I hear, nobody in the world is as friendly as a Newfie. Can anybody attest to this? I'd love to go there. Apparently it is just about impossible to spend your money there because the locals are all too busy treating you.

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
Haggis McBagpipe said:
Oh, and from what I hear, nobody in the world is as friendly as a Newfie. Can anybody attest to this? I'd love to go there. Apparently it is just about impossible to spend your money there because the locals are all too busy treating you.

Actually, thats pretty true-- I've been there-- except it took me three days to figure out what they were saying!

As a Scot, you'd appreciate that!

researchok

Council Member
Jun 12, 2004
By the way, I spent 3 days totally looped and never bought a drink-- in Edinborough, of course!

Diamond Sun

Council Member
Jun 11, 2004
Within arms reach of the new baby..
Generalization train, here I come...

Thai people are the most friendly people I have ever met. If you just attempt their language, they'll become your best friend. And they love Canada.

Mexican's are generally pretty darn nice. As soon as they know you are from Canada though. Until then, they are fairly aloof. If you're smart enough to wear the maple leaf on your clothing, or your hat then they're friendly right off the bat.

Greek people are the least unfriendly people I have met. They have little use for tourists, and even for Canadians. They become only slightly friendlier when they realize you're not American.

In Canada, I met some super friendly people in the outskirts of Montreal. And even the people in Montreal were nice if you tried to speak french.

Hubby met a Sri Lankan who invited us to stay at his house in Colombo. They apparently revere Canadians down there.

Okay. I think that's my generalizations for now. But all this is doing is making me want to travel!

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
I immigarted here just like you. I found caring, loving people unmatched in any other country. I think you are confusing their love with hate, their openess with paranoia. I can go on an on writing pages about my experience with Canadians and living in Canada. I am a proud Canadian living among the best breed of people.

If youare tlaking about democracy, Canada in my opinion is most democratic country in the world. We have the right to speak our mind. We are not fed lies from our government about what's going on in the world. We are the peace-makers.

I think it is your attitude about this country that is affecting your situation. Perhaps it is you that is closed, paranoid and so on.

Maybe you should try the US of A for a few months. I think you'll come back and kiss the soil under your feet.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
moghrabi said:
I immigarted here just like you. I found caring, loving people unmatched in any other country. I think you are confusing their love with hate, their openess with paranoia. I can go on an on writing pages about my experience with Canadians and living in Canada. I am a proud Canadian living among the best breed of people.

If youare tlaking about democracy, Canada in my opinion is most democratic country in the world. We have the right to speak our mind. We are not fed lies from our government about what's going on in the world. We are the peace-makers.

I think it is your attitude about this country that is affecting your situation. Perhaps it is you that is closed, paranoid and so on.

Maybe you should try the US of A for a few months. I think you'll come back and kiss the soil under your feet.

Nice words, Moghrabi, and reading it makes for a damn fine way to start the day.