mmm Weed

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
military intelligence said:
Anyone know if you can buy it cheaply off the internet? im in this dinky little town of like 10,000 people and they charge an arm and a leg for it here thnx!

Damn that was funny!! There is a little thing called the laws of Canada that hold that idea up. Want weed cheap? Grow it yourself, you CAN buy seeds over the internet, and thats all you need other than a closet or basement and a light. Problem solved.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
lmao.. as someone teaches the fine arts of horticulture to Canadian Content users.. hehe

I wouldnt recommend growing it yourself unless you have a lot of fans, vents, and countless other needed items and time.

JidoSpod

Nominee Member
Aug 26, 2002
I cant believe this!!! It should be legal to smoke. I need it for my cancer and everytime I have to go out looking the streets for it it makes me feel like a criminal, but its the only way I get relief and sleep.

JidoSpod

Nominee Member
Aug 26, 2002
I just use it for medicinal purposes, but it is good you are right, and i would have never known this if my doctor hadnt suggested its use to help with some of my pain and to help me get some sleep as no other medications were working. Although it does make one stock all the cupboards with cookies and stuff :)

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
ya...i like to smoke a lil gonja once in a while too and YES! it should be legal. It has medicinal and therapeutic purposes. Facts show that alcohol kills people everday while marijuana has never killed anyone. It also does not have nearly as many carcinogens as tobacco.

Anonymous

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
ya...i like to smoke a lil gonja once in a while too and YES! it should be legal. It has medicinal and therapeutic purposes. Facts show that alcohol kills people everday while marijuana has never killed anyone. It also does not have nearly as many carcinogens as tobacco. Alcohol kills people whether its a car accident or not. If your an adult, whether you toke up or not, you should be able to make that decision with out the government imposing.

BuzzzWorthy

May 24, 2004
Toronto
Support your beliefs and vote NDP to legalize cannabis in canada.
Visit our site for news and updates on marijuana related activities this summer. www.cannabiscanada.ca
Buzzz

BuzzzWorthy

May 24, 2004
Toronto
For those able to obtain a simple note from their doctor outlining their medical condition (without saying that smoking it would help) there are many more internet sites that would provide this as medicine. For the social toker though the situation becomes more difficult and so we fight on to legalize this precious herb. We need supporters to stand up and let their voice be heard. I am both a medical and recreational smoker and I most certainly believe it should be legalized. I also have three children and out of concern for their futures I whole heartedly support legalizing it.

I have never drank so I would be bias to give my views on the consumption of alcohol but when a government allows it's sale and cunsumption with all it's related diseases and further accepts tax money from same as well as the cancer causing cigaretts I have to wonder just who controls the switch here in Canada.

Maybe the pharmacutical companies ehhh?

Vote NDP and see cannabis legalized even if they only just get in they will fight for your rights.

The statistics on marijuana arrests involving young Canadians is deplorable. No self respecting free thinking country would allow such blatent oppression and control tactics. Wake up Canada.

Buzz Worthy
Joint Venture Coordinator
Cannabis In Canada
www.cannabiscanada.ca

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
Although I do agree marijuana should be legalized in some way, shape or form... I do not agree that it should be readily available for everyone. In your post you are mentioning youths.. Now I don't believe it should be available to them.

If it were to get legalized it should go with the same guidelines that currently govern alcohol and tobacco. You must be over 19 to purchase it (18 in some provinces). Otherwise it's only going to cause all sorts of other acedemic problems with the youths in school.

Quite honestly, although I use it for medicinal purposes myself on occasion, I don't think there would be a case, albeit rare, that a youth would have the need for marijuana. If it were readily available to the youths, moreso than it is now, it would only cause problems with youths being 'stoned', as it were, in classrooms and zoning out and not really learning a thing.

There need to be guidelines when it is legalized, note how I said when and not if, and they need to be sensible and enforcable much the same vendors are already fined when they sell alcohol or tobacco to minors.

Now Im not saying this is a solution by any means, if youths want to smoke it they will, this has always been the case and nothing will stop that. All Im saying that if it is readily available to them without any legal age requirement educational levels in Canada would get pooched from everyone being high and zoning out in school.

The schools already enforce a no-drug policy that I am aware of, this may cause more of a detrimental effect on schooling and we might have record numbers of expulsions in schools. Then again, what do I know? :D

BuzzzWorthy

May 24, 2004
Toronto
After reading over my previous post I can kinda see how you concluded I am in favor of kids getting high and please accept my apologies for having created that impression.

I am a father of three (two girls and a boy) ages now 17 25 and 29.

I do not believe that experimenting with marijuana by teens is necessarily a good idea at all. I think those formative years should be spent finding out; who you are as a person, as a member of society, what you want out of your life etc.

I do believe that the use (or abuse) of cannabis marijuana is by far less harmful than either tobacco or alcohol and why this questionably (harmful) plant is under the control of the Attorney Generals Office and not the Ministry of Health will forever escape me.

Are you aware of just how marijuana ended up as an illegal drug? If you are not I can most certainly provide you with all the info on that subject you want.

Canada adopted verbatim laws drafted by America in 1928 to stop the Mexican's who smoked it from getting the cowboys high in Texas.

It is so embarrassing to know the truth of this and even more disappointing to know the facts of how Emily Murphy misled and deceived the Canadian government into enacting the laws now controlling cannabis in Canada.

This issue is a concern for the Health Ministry if concern for abuse or addiction exists then treatment not detainment is the answer. The punishment must not be worse than the crime and any law that penalizes a person for their own personal choices and beliefs is wrong. Period.

You cannot convince me that if cannabis was legalized and regulated (sold through dispensaries) that social order and government control would collapse. I look at the cannabis industry as Canada's salvation as we face more and more upcoming tax burdens resulting from bird flu, mad cow etc.

Shmad

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2002
Cache Creek, BC
www.justrant.com
No I agree that it should be legalized but if not at the least decriminalized.

I just wanted to clarify the under-age factor though.

Yes I do know about its past, its almost laughable and I do agree that it is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco as well.

Infact, you can read an article I posted quite some time ago about this matter at:

http://www.canadiancontent.net/commtr/itemid106.html

Let me know what you think about that and anything else on the subject. Im more than willing to communicate about this subject on the message boards here :)